Website LGT Crestone Wealth Management Limited
In just six years LGT Crestone has emerged as a leader in the Australian private wealth sector. Recently acquired by LGT, we are now a part of the world’s largest family owned wealth management and asset management group. As a privately owned firm decision processes are short and structures are stable.
Together LGT and LGT Crestone provide the deep trusted relationships of a local firm, with the scale strength and security of a multinational. We provide unprecedented global perspectives, more investment opportunities and fresh expertise in private markets, sustainable investing and intergenerational wealth.
No matter your role, your drive, talent, ideas, and vision allow us to support people in achieving financial success.
About the Opportunity
As a newly created opportunity, the Sustainable Investment Analyst is an integral part of LGT Crestone’s continued commitment to being Australia’s leading wealth partner for sustainable investing across many key thematics, including climate change, social equality and other ESG factors in this ever-evolving landscape.
Working as part of our market leading Investment Product and Services (IPS) team, and reporting to the Head of Sustainable Investment, you will play a critical and important role in supporting the implementation of LGT Crestone’s sustainable investment strategy, including alignment with LGT and integrating critical environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment decision making. In addition, you will contribute directly to internal research and play a leading role in the development of frameworks and implementation.
- Support the Head of Sustainable Investment with all aspects of LGT Crestone’s sustainable, ESG and impact investing initiatives whilst working with the managed funds research team to enhance LGT Crestone’s sustainable investment offer.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a robust ESG/sustainable investment framework, including the use of data and tools, to better inform investment decision making.
- Assist in fund manager research due diligence meetings and contribute to formulating and justifying your options on investment strategies, from both a financial and sustainability perspective across all asset classes, including equities, fixed Income, private markets, and impact strategies.
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders on sustainable investment research ideas and opportunities, producing relevant sustainability research for investment advisors.
- Continuously research and evaluate trends in sustainability, identify risks and opportunities relating to ESG in investment markets.
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee papers.
- Assist with ESG data analysis on individual securities, managed funds, and private market investments.
- Help support the initiatives of LGT Sustainable 2030 strategy.
- Assist on client meetings around the monitoring and reporting of investment performance across sustainable funds and model portfolios.
- Contribute to and eventually publish content around a broad range of sustainability topics and provide high quality written and verbal ESG insights that assist advisers on giving advice to clients.
You have relevant investment experience, preferably in a managed funds research or sell side research environment with a focus on ESG/Sustainability and are someone who has strong interpersonal skills who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a motivated self-starter, who fosters a collaborative approach and has dealt with many internal and external stakeholders, your natural curiosity and willingness to learn will be a key element for success in this position. Ability to prioritise multiple competing objectives will also be advantageous.
Knowledge of, and/or experience in stewardship, ESG integration, impact investing, ESG data and analytics and understand concepts and trends in sustainable investing, will set you up for success in this role. An understanding of various ESG metrics, and disclosure standards, as well as experience across multi-asset classes are advantageous.
Your degree qualification in Commerce, Finance, Maths or Business is a requirement for the role, with further studies in Sustainability or ESG being advantageous, along with additional (or working towards) tertiary qualifications, such as a CFA, MBA or Masters degree.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunity to participate in a discretionary bonus program
- Flexible working environment
- Support and various programs for our people (Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellbeing, Employee Referral Program)
LGT Crestone is committed to the ongoing development of their employees. Your development will be managed and tailored to your role and future career path.
LGT Crestone is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.