Website Legal & General Investment Management
Insurer | Asset Manager
Your role at a glance
This is an exciting opportunity to sit at the heart of LGIM’s award-winning Investment Stewardship team, bringing meaningful change by improving Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance in the companies and markets in which LGIM invests, integrating climate and environmental considerations into LGIM’s investment activities and delivering on LGIM’s broader sustainability commitments.
As one of the world’s largest investment managers, we understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. Through our engagement with companies and drawing on a fully integrated framework of responsible investing, we seek to effect positive change in the businesses in which we invest and for society as a whole, in line with Legal & General Group’s (L&G) vision of inclusive capitalism. In doing so, we are aiming to fulfil our purpose at LGIM: to create a better future through responsible investing
What you’ll be doing
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting team as a Senior Manager in Sustainability & Responsible Investment on an 18-month fixed term contract. You will be liaising with clients, investee companies, policy makers and regulators on a range of sustainability issues that affect the market and the value of our clients’ assets in the long term. Reporting to the Head of Investment Stewardship and Responsible Investment Integration and working in collaboration with stakeholders across the business, you will lead a small team to deliver on LGIM’s environmental stewardship and integration activities. As part of your role you will be:
- Leading development and delivery of LGIM’s Climate Impact Pledge, deforestation, biodiversity and net zero engagement commitments.
- Representing LGIM and LGIM’s views and positions when undertaking external collaborative engagement.
- Developing and leading engagement strategy for ESG exclusions.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to support the delivery of LGIM’s net zero commitments.
- Leading Investment Stewardship policies on ESG exclusions and work with stakeholders across the business to evolve and implement policies in-line with LGIM’s responsible investment and product development strategy.
- Managing and contributing to external thought pieces, blogs, policies and reports on climate and ESG topics
- Supporting client engagement by representing the Investment Stewardship team’s approach and activities in client meetings
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a Senior Sustainability Professional, who enjoys taking initiative and having the responsibility of delivering projects to fruition. It is a demanding role that would stretch knowledge and capability, but one that will provide the reward of bringing about meaningful change in the market. You should demonstrate a passion for driving sustainability engagement strategies and providing long term sustainable investment solutions to our clients. Some other aspects we would be looking for are:
- Excellent knowledge of responsible investment best practices and broader ESG trends
- Strong knowledge of global climate and environmental best practice
- Strong background in investments or asset management
- Knowledge of broader sustainability trends
- Engagement or advocacy experience across a variety of markets and topics
- Ability to interact with senior portfolio managers and analysts
- Experience of team management
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), an annual supplement for private medical insurance, generous pension scheme, life assurance, and a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan, and there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.