Website Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM)
Insurer | Asset Manager
LGIM investments climate solutions team model, develop and communicate and implement climate response strategies for our clients, and co-ordinate embedding climate factors into all of LGIM’s investment areas. They work in collaboration with investment stewardship and distribution teams to raise LGIM’s public profile in the sphere of climate integration. The team also research energy transition investment opportunities and develop climate impact investing strategies.
The Climate Strategy Analyst will work closely with all of LGIM’s investment functions in the following areas:
- Development of climate risk and alignment metrics through the enhancement of our climate models
- Advising investment teams on using and understanding our climate models and helping embed climate risk into our investment process
- Partnering with strategic clients on developing climate aware strategies and Paris aligned pathways
- Extending our research and expertise in climate risk and scenario analysis
- Working with our colleagues in group function as we support their use of our climate models
- Identifying investment opportunities from solving the climate crisis and the energy transition
- Supporting the CIO office on climate and energy related, and wider sustainability/strategy matters
The climate strategy analyst will have some knowledge, awareness and understanding of the following areas:
- Climate change, carbon pricing, climate risks and transition scenarios and physical risk evaluation
- Corporate finance theory, ideally with experience of practical application in an investment context
- Broad understanding of capital markets, security pricing in different asset classes, and portfolio management
- Macro-Economics especially an understanding of macroeconomic modelling and the ability to interpret and apply macro-economic data
- Understanding of different industry frameworks/scenario modelling, regulation and government policy with respects to climate change at a global level.
- Broad awareness of the asset management industry and the different challenges climate change poses for different client channels
We would also expect you to have:
- Some technical skills, especially modelling in excel, and ideally other modelling environments (Python, SQL etc.), or an interest in learning and developing these skills
- Strong communication skills, capable of explaining this complex subject matter clearly.
- The ability to work independently and in a structured and organised fashion. Capable at multi-tasking and managing short- and long-term projects simultaneously.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world’s largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders – helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we’d love to hear from you.
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Jamie Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-daley-92836458/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.