Website LeapFrog Investments
Reports to: Head of Impact and Partner, Global Healthcare (dual reporting)
Location: Mumbai or Singapore collaborating with LeapFrog’s teams in the UK, Singapore, USA, South Africa, Kenya, Mauritius, Lagos, and Australia
LeapFrog Investments is looking for an Impact Measurement and Management Officer to support our investment teams and associated portfolio companies to achieve impact in line with our stated Profit with Purpose goals. The primary focus of the role is to contribute to the growth of the Health Care investment team in its investment and portfolio management activities, with a focus on ESG and impact measurement. As an integral member of the team, you will support the day-to-day business of the Health Care investment team and contribute to portfolio company growth.
About LeapFrog Investments
LeapFrog invests in exceptional businesses in Africa and Asia, partnering with their leaders to achieve leaps of growth, profitability, and impact. Founded in 2007, LeapFrog invests in companies that have now reached 407 million people across 35 countries with financial or healthcare services. LeapFrog companies have also grown on average at 27% annually from the time of investment. They now provide jobs and livelihoods to over 200,000 people. Inspired by its strategy of Profit with Purpose, LeapFrog will have raised over US$2bn from global institutional investors. LeapFrog was ranked by Fortune as one of the big five Companies to Change the World, alongside Apple and Novartis, the first private investment firm ever listed.
About the Role
You will be working with and supporting LeapFrog’s Health Care investment teams and associated portfolio companies to achieve an impact in line with our stated Profit with Purpose goals. This is to be executed through effective implementation and upgrade of LeapFrog’s performance measurement framework i.e., FIIRM, careful management of high-impact projects, and data analysis that supports understanding impact throughout the entire deal cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
Impact and ESG Measurement (40%)
· Evaluate analysis of the ESG and Impact data received from health care portoflio companies on a quarterly basis to develop insights as part of the quarterly portfolio review process
· Provide development of actionable insights, if any, from the data received on a quarterly/annual basis
· Oversee the development of special projects with a large impact based on the data collected
· Work with the deal teams to develop the quarterly portfolio review process including impact performance
Portfolio management and cross-portfolio impact management (15%)
· Work with the Health Care deal teams to develop the quarterly portfolio review process including impact performance
· Support the Impact Steering Committee (ISC) Chair in preparing materials for bimonthly meetings and ensuring alignment with Customer Experience (CX) and Talent Accelerator work
Impact and ESG DD (20%)
· Develop engagement with the Health Care investment team to perform initial, deep screen, and DD for impact and ESG
· Guide the development of a 100-day Impact and ESG action plan, based on the DD, for the company and support portfolio companies in closing ESG gaps
Value creation (15%)
· Create impact value creation projects in portfolio companies with investment teams and support CX projects in portfolio
· Develop a strategic approach for connecting investment teams to relevant experts and maintain engagement with expert network platforms to ensure high-quality experts are available to LF on a need basis
· Ensure cross-learnings are captured across portfolio and support investment teams to build knowledge for healthcare impact measurement
External Representation (10%)
· Develop strategic approach for creating content for health care impact thought leadership in collaboration with External Affairs team
· Ensure the Impact Measurement and Management team and key internal stakeholders remain up to date with relevant Impact investing industry trends, including IMM frameworks, standards and regulatory developments, as well as client, company and investor requirements applicable to the health care sector
· Contribute to communicating the work of the IMM Practice to external stakeholders and preparing materials showcasing impact performance
We invest in companies that support and empower a diverse group of people globally and provide an inclusive environment that reflects this broad array of perspectives.
We will consider remarkable professionals who demonstrate intelligence, enthusiasm, imagination, interpersonal skills, commitment, and a deep commitment to delivering profit and social impact – even if their qualifications and experience do not fit the below.
Qualifications and Experience
· Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Business-related from a top-tier institution; valuable to have development economics or public health academic coursework.
· 5 or more years of experience in Impact measurement gained either:
o in the private sector working across private equity or other financial service firms across Africa or Asia; or
o in the healthcare sector working with leading healthcare non-profits or healthcare companies with a commercial orientation across Africa or Asia
· Experience in environmental, social, and governance analysis
· Experience in project management or investment or operating analysis essential
· Experience administering databases or cloud-based data management systems highly valued.
· Familiarity with data management tools g., tableau, powerbi preferred.
· Curious, inquisitive, collaborative, and ability to listen, prioritize, and structure own work essential. Also likes an entrepreneurial environment and thinking open to new ideas.
Competences and Attributes
· Consistent record of thriving and excelling in demanding environments
· A genuine motivation for delivering significant social impact, particularly in healthcare
· Autonomous, highly motivated, and committed to the highest ethical standard in line with LeapFrog’s values
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Attention to detail and good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritize
· Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
· Efficient and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects and meeting set deadlines
· Humble and collaborative style in line with LeapFrog’s values
· Good influencing skills to engage diverse teams, soliciting their input and gaining their support
· Flexibility, innovation, and an agile mindset required to thrive in an unstructured entrepreneurial environment
· Willingness to work across time zones and availability and interest to travel. We maintain a flexible work policy to support individuals and teams working across multiple time zones.