Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
JPMAM is looking for an Investment Stewardship Specialist to join Sustainable Investing team. You will support the delivery of the annual and long-term objectives of the JPMAM’s investment stewardship program and contribute to carrying out governance analysis, engagement, and proxy voting. You will be driving and supporting efforts in sustainability theme-focused corporate engagement, relevant proxy voting, thought leadership/research and reporting. The role will be in a front office environment and will involve regular interaction with our research analysts and portfolio managers across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Assets Solutions to coordinate and align engagement activities and voting, as well as engaging with representatives of the companies in which we invest on specific environmental, social and governance policies and practices.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking about financial markets, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing team. This role will report to the Global Head of Investment Stewardship.
- Drive corporate engagement in collaboration with investment teams on specific corporate governance and sustainability themes; research and develop the engagement agenda and pipeline; coordinate between different investment teams to ensure alignment on key engagement issues.
- Support and coordinate as required any theme-relevant proxy voting in collaboration with the investment teams and other Investment Stewardship Specialists; support voting related reporting and communication with client teams.
- Design engagement framework for specific environmental, social and governance (ESG) themes and support in delivering theme-specific criteria and outcomes/impact measurement approaches.
- Engage with representatives of portfolio companies (including at senior levels) to encourage business practices that support sustainable long-term performance and transparency of outcomes reporting as well as to ensure an understanding of JPMAM’s views on ESG issues.
- Develop and take ownership of reporting of theme-specific corporate engagement and voting activities in collaboration with the investment and stewardship teams; partner with JPMAM’s client servicing teams to ensure client reporting and client presentations meet expectations, and that client queries on our stewardship activities are responded to promptly and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Represent Investment Stewardship at JPMAM on theme relevant industry working groups and industry association; participate in investor roundtable discussions and external conferences to gauge subject matter scope defining the continually expanding sustainable investment landscape.
- Build key working relationships across internal constituents from investment teams, business teams and corporate teams
- Support the production of thought leadership / white papers on investment stewardship topics.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- You have undergraduate with a degree in finance, economics, law, accounting or public policy
- You demonstrate financial services experience preferably in Asset Management with previous exposure to investment stewardship activities including corporate governance voting and engagement
- You have experience preferably of sustainability related issues and its overlaps with investment management.
- You have proven presentation, communication and influencing skills; strong report writing skills; ability to engage with clients / corporates / industry bodies.
- You have ability and willingness to work with key internal groups – portfolio managers, analysts, product specialists, RFP teams, corporate actions teams; previous buy-side experience on relevant investment approaches an advantage.
- You have ability to work and drive change effectively in a global, high volume, rapid pace, deadline-oriented environment.
- You are a team player.
- You have a desire to continue to learn and upgrade domain knowledge in ESG
- You have a strong self-motivation and analytical skills
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About The Team
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.