Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
The team is looking for an experienced venture capital or private investment professional eager to leverage their financial acumen to drive social good.
The Impact Finance and Advisory team invests JPMC’s capital to advance its impact objectives across five areas of focus: Careers and Skills, Financial Health & Wealth Creation, Community Development, Business Growth & Entrepreneurship, and Environmental Sustainability.
As a Vice President on the venture investing team, you will originate, structure, and execute new investments, in addition to leveraging JPMC’s resources to drive value for portfolio companies. You will play a critical role in the formulation of strategy for the group and engage with senior stakeholders across JPMC.
- Help drive transaction origination, structuring, execution, and portfolio management
- Represent the bank in meetings with companies to evaluate investment opportunities
- Manage a deal team and oversee deal processes: conduct detailed business due diligence, review of legal documentation, and comprehensive financial analyses
- Prepare investment memoranda and related documentation to support investment decision-making
- Oversee portfolio management and engagement, including valuation and KPI tracking, and leveraging cross-Firm resources to support investees
- Conduct impact assessments for each investment opportunity, partnering with colleagues in Global Philanthropy
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- A demonstrated passion for social enterprise and businesses driving societal change
- 8+ years of experience in finance roles: venture or private equity experience required, with a preference for candidates with additional experience in investment banking (in an M&A or coverage role)
- Excellent financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills
- Experience formulating diligence plans, leading communication with third-parties (e.g., legal counsel), and managing deal teams
- Proven track record working with founders and engaging with investor syndicates
- Ability to independently formulate business strategy, construct compelling narratives, and present to senior executives
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity
- Act with urgency, initiative, and ownership to drive results
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
New York,NY $150,000.00 – $205,000.00 / year