Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
The J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) Global Sustainable Investing team is recruiting for an Investment Stewardship Specialist, covering the Asia-Pacific ex-Japan (AxJ) region.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of the annual and long-term objectives of the JPMAM Investment Stewardship global priorities by leading and driving regional efforts in corporate engagement, proxy voting and reporting. The role will be in a front office environment and will involve regular interaction with our research analysts and portfolio managers across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Assets Solutions to coordinate and align engagement activities and voting proxies, as well as engaging with representatives of the companies in which we invest on their environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and practices.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking about financial markets, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing team. This role will report to the AxJ Head of Investment Stewardship.
- Contribute to the implementation of the investment stewardship activities and policies for the Asia ex Japan region
- Help exercise proxy voting of investee companies and ensure proper execution of JP Morgan Asset Management Global Proxy Voting Policy.
- Compile proxy voting committee presentation materials and minutes, and assist in the preparation of regulatory filings.
- Support corporate engagement on sustainability-related topics (ESG research of investee companies, materials preparation, and, coordination with other internal stakeholders).
- Contribute to engagement framework for specific ESG themes and portfolio company-specific criteria and measurement
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance and development of the firm’s stewardship policies, priorities and the strategies for implementing them each year.
- Build key working relationships across internal constituents from investment teams, business teams and corporate teams
- Help produce thought leadership / white papers on investment stewardship topics.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of financial services experience preferably in Asset Management with previous exposure to investment stewardship activities; or a background in a specialist organization/ NGO; high level of specialist knowledge of sustainability related issues including ESG pillars.
- Proven presentation, communication and influencing skills; strong report writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with an ability to apply sound judgement.
- Ability to work and drive change effectively in a high volume, rapid pace, deadline-oriented environment.
- Team player. Strong self-motivation and analytical skills.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About The Team
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.