Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
At J.P. Morgan Asset Management, we provide equity solutions to many of the world’s largest pension plans, sovereign wealth funds and central banks. The cornerstone of our approach to equity investing is our dedication to in-house research. Our on-the-ground presence in key markets, combined with structured collaboration across regions and sectors, allows us to identify, share and compare ideas around the globe. Our equity investment processes are founded on tried and tested investment philosophies, consistently applied, within a robust risk management framework. We provide equity strategies across regions, sectors, styles and the market cap spectrum.
JPMAM is seeking to hire an Investment Stewardship Specialist for the Sustainable Investing team. You will support the delivery of the annual and long-term objectives of the JPMAM’s investment stewardship programme and contribute to carrying out governance analysis, engagement, and proxy voting. S/he will be driving and supporting efforts in sustainability theme-focused corporate engagement, relevant proxy voting, thought leadership/research and reporting. You will be in a front office environment and will involve regular interaction with our research analysts and portfolio managers across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Assets Solutions to coordinate and align engagement activities and voting, as well as engaging with representatives of the companies in which we invest on specific environmental, social and governance policies and practices.
You will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking about financial markets, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing team. This role will report to the Head of Investment Stewardship, North America.
- Drive corporate engagement in collaboration with investment teams on sustainability themes; research and develop the engagement agenda and pipeline; coordinate between different investment teams to ensure alignment on key engagement issues.
- Support and coordinate as required any theme-relevant proxy voting in collaboration with the investment teams and other Investment Stewardship Specialists; support voting related reporting and communication with client teams.
- Design engagement framework for specific environmental, social and governance (ESG) themes and support in delivering theme-specific criteria and outcomes/impact measurement approaches.
- Engage with representatives of portfolio companies (including at senior levels) to encourage business practices that support sustainable long-term performance and transparency of outcomes reporting as well as to ensure an understanding of JPMAM’s views on ESG issues.
- Develop and take ownership of reporting of theme-specific corporate engagement and voting activities in collaboration with the investment and stewardship teams; assist with NP-X filings, partner with JPMAM’s client servicing teams to ensure client reporting and client presentations meet expectations, and that client queries on our stewardship activities are responded to promptly and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Build key working relationships across internal constituents from investment teams, business teams and corporate teams.
- Support the production of thought leadership / white papers on investment stewardship topics.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
- Minimum undergraduate with a degree in finance, economics, law, accounting or public policy.
- Experience in Financial services
- Experience with ESG related issues and its overlaps with investment management. Desire to continue to learn and upgrade domain knowledge in ESG.
- Proven presentation, communication and influencing skills; strong report writing skills; ability to engage with clients / corporates / industry bodies.
- Ability / willingness to work with key internal groups – portfolio managers, analysts, product specialists, RFP teams, corporate actions teams; previous buy-side experience on relevant investment approaches an advantage.
- Ability to work and drive change effectively in a global, high volume, rapid pace, deadline-oriented environment.
- Team player.
- Strong self-motivation and analytical skills.
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
- Experience preferably in Asset Management with preference for previous exposure to investment stewardship activities including proxy voting and engagement.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
About The Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.