Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
You will join Asset Management Risk Management team, which works to improve client outcome by evaluating the marketplace for challenges. Risk Managers actively observe risks across various disciplines and dynamically monitor portfolios through customized regional frameworks. Active and open communication with portfolio managers and senior management allows for timely decision making to improve client experience. The various disciplines of risk our team covers include Investment Risk, Liquidity Risk, Counterparty Risk, Sustainable Investing Risk, Fiduciary Risk, Operational Risk and Reputational Risk.
As a Sustainable Investing Risk Vice President, you will be responsible for leading the risk management functions in the Sustainable Investing Risk discipline, including the development of new framework to govern and oversee ESG and Climate related initiatives, products, and businesses. You will help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and by using expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, clients& customers, and communities.
- Designs and implement sustainable risk governance and oversight frameworks for Asset Management at the second line
- Stays up-to-date with regulatory changes as related to Sustainable Investing and ESG; partner cross different functions globally to ensure regulatory requirements are met in a scalable way
- Monitors and reviews ESG and sustainable investing risk across different lines of business and products
- Tracks updates related to industry developments and proactively monitor market events that can create significant impact to our business
- Collaborates with stakeholders across lines of businesses and functional groups to meet global ESG and sustainability oversight and governance needs
- Takes responsibility for data and analytical rigor, accuracy and completeness
- Offers dynamic initiatives to liaise with the business as well as other control and oversight functions
- Leads the regular risk escalation and analysis for senior management, boards, and regulators
- Represents Risk in various governance forums and new business initiatives
- Initiates and manages projects end-to-end
Required Qualifications, Competencies, And Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with ability to present risk exposures and the appropriate risk management actions to internal groups, clients, boards, senior management and regulators
- Highly motivated and hands-on individual, with work experience related to ESG and sustainable investing or risk management a plus
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand and explain complex concepts
- Demonstrates strong project management skills
- Attention to detail and takes personal responsibility to ensure that works are delivered with the highest quality standards
- Innovative in problem solving, and challenges status quo proactively
- Ability to multi-task at working on multiple initiatives
- Acts and owns initiatives end-to-end to fulfil objectives with minimum supervision
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About The Team
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.