Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
At J.P. Morgan Asset Management, we provide equity solutions to many of the world’s largest pension plans, sovereign wealth funds and central banks. The cornerstone of our approach to equity investing is our dedication to in-house research. Our on-the-ground presence in key markets, combined with structured collaboration across regions and sectors, allows us to identify, share and compare ideas around the globe. Our equity investment processes are founded on tried and tested investment philosophies, consistently applied, within a robust risk management framework. We provide equity strategies across regions, sectors, styles and the market cap spectrum. The Sustainability sits in the equities group but supports all JP Morgan Asset Management businesses.
The JPMAM Sustainable Investing (SI) team at JPMAM is currently looking for a Sustainable Investing Strategist to join in the team based in New York focusing on clients engagement and advisory, offering innovative sustainable solutions and subject matter expertise covering the Americas market.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to advance our efforts to promote, manage and advance our sustainable investing solutions in partnership with the client distribution and JPMAM’s global investment functions, with a particular focus on:
- Client-facing activities to drive the growth of our sustainable investing capabilities and products;
- Internal education of JPMAM stakeholders on sustainable investing efforts;
- Design of sustainable investing product frameworks in line with industry best practice
- Brand building through regulatory and industry engagement
- Support the Global Head of Sustainable Investing Client Solutions in the commercialization of JPMAM’s sustainable investing capabilities in the Americas and managing a small team of dedicated regional strategists to implement the strategy.
- Focus on strategic interactions with external stakeholders including clients in delivering JPMAM’s sustainable investing capabilities and developing a client engagement roadmap.
- Coordinate and deliver commercial activities and projects including platform collaterals, marketing events, client pitches, presentation materials preparation, and other client-related information requests including but not limited to surveys, DDQ, RFI, RFP and ad hoc reporting.
- Connect with internal stakeholders across the business and help them better articulate JPMAM Sustainable Investing capabilities, through presenting at various meetings, providing training, in addition to developing content (FAQs, talking points, etc.) to assist distribution teams and investment specialists in delivering content widely.
- As regional business sponsor, provide strategic direction and coordinate internally through dedicated strategic working groups and deliver regional regulatory requirements pertaining to product labelling and disclosure, client reporting and any other investment management processes.
- Develop specific sustainability-related frameworks for products by collaborating with investment and product development teams to meet clients’ sustainability-related objectives
- React to quickly changing market environment and propose changes required in product frameworks, client reporting or external messaging.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
- At least 12+ years of relevant investment industry experience, including deep understanding and experience in investment management.
- Familiarity and work experience with ESG and sustainable investing is a must.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or team manager
- Key skills are analytical skill, decision-making, intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty, pro-active and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal characteristics, reputation, and team orientation, which will enable her/him to command the confidence, loyalty, and respect of investment colleagues.
- Successful candidates should be pro-active in finding new investment ideas as well as thorough in understanding, valuing and maintaining coverage on existing research projects
- Willingness to travel.
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
- CFA or MBA a plus.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About The Team
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.