Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
About the Organization: J.P. Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM), with assets under management of $2.6 trillion, is a global leader in investment management. J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s clients include institutions, retail investors and high-net worth individuals in every major market throughout the world. J.P. Morgan Asset Management offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity.
About the Team: Risk Management
Risk is an inherent part of JPMorgan Chase’s business activities and the firm’s overall risk tolerance is established in the context of the firm’s earnings power, capital, and diversified business model. The firm’s independent risk management framework and governance structure are intended to provide comprehensive controls and ongoing management of the major risks inherent in its business activities. It is also intended to create a culture of risk awareness and personal responsibility throughout the firm. The firm’s ability to properly identify, measure, monitor and report risk is critical to both its soundness and profitability.
The AM Risk Management team conducts risk oversight function to provide credible challenge to the business in an independent and consolidated view at multiple levels – including investment, counterparty, liquidity and operational. The main objective of the Risk Oversight is to measure, report and challenge risk management practices across portfolios and to ensure compliance with the law and internal policies, escalating in case of any issues. The Oversight is conducted at strategy, portfolio and legal entity levels. We play a key role in risk governance forums.
As a Vice President in AM Risk specializing in ESG and Sustainable Investing, you will support ESG and Sustainable Investing related initiatives and projects within the Risk Management team to provide independent risk oversight to all lines of business. While based in Hong Kong, this role will also work closely with colleagues globally in New York, London, Luxembourg and Bangalore as well as interact with the business and other control and oversight functions within the Asset Management organization. This role will be reporting to Asia Pacific Chief Risk Officer while functionally reporting to global ESG Lead based in New York. One of your key focal points is the ESG and Sustainable Investing risk oversight in Asia to meet the firmwide governance and regulatory requirements.
- Design and implement ESG governance and oversight frameworks for AM Risk
- Partner with other Investment Risk managers to strengthen the overall portfolio risk oversight
- Provide credible challenge to the 1 st line across asset classes and regions including but not limited to the ESG and Sustainable Investing investment process
- Stay up to date on regulatory changes related to sustainability and ESG; partner with regional teams to ensure regulatory components are implemented in parallel with the AM Risk framework (e.g. SFDR, HK SFC disclosures, MAS, SEC, FSB, etc.)
- Ongoing monitoring of ESG and sustainability at both individual account levels and aggregate levels. Monitor threshold levels in accordance with the AM Risk ESG framework
- Track updates related to industry developments, trends and competitors (internally and externally)
- Research vendors and different approaches to monitor ESG and sustainable investing related metrics
- Create policies and procedures related to sustainability and ESG risk programs in the 2nd line
- Collaborate with stakeholders across lines of businesses and functional groups to meet global ESG and sustainability oversight and governance needs
- Responsible for data and analytical rigor, accuracy and completeness
- Proactively drive dynamic initiatives to liaise with the business as well as other control and oversight functions
- Lead and drive the regular risk escalation and analysis for senior management, boards, and regulators
- Represent Risk in various governance forums and new business initiatives
- Initiate and managed projects end-to-end
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in asset management or risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with ability to present risk exposures and the appropriate risk management actions to internal groups, clients, boards, senior management, and regulators
- Highly motivated and hands-on individual with work experience related to ESG and sustainable investing
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand and explain complex concepts
- Demonstrates strong project management skills
- Detail oriented with ability to understand processes and complex financial and risk concepts to make value-added and practical challenges
- Drives innovation in problem solving and challenges status quote proactively
- Ability to multi-task at working on multiple initiatives
- Act and own initiatives end-to-end to fulfil objectives with minimum supervision
- Exhibits good leadership skills, including: drive change, foster team curiosity, anticipate future trends, quick to adapt strategic thinking, proactively address concerns, brings diverse perspectives together, deliver high quality outcomes, creates efficiencies, have good fortitude, collaborates and partners effectively across levels and functions, and proactively takes initiatives and executes with high standards
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.