Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
Asset & Wealth Management Risk (“AWM”) – Executive Director
About the Organization: J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management Asset & Wealth Management
Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $3.2 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. We serve four distinct client groups globally: institutional and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management (AM), and high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients through Wealth Management (WM), which includes the Global Private Bank, JP Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management. We offer global investment management in fixed income, equities, solutions, real assets, hedge funds, private equity, and liquidity. We provide trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
J.P. Morgan’s Private Bank has more than 100 years of experience helping the world’s wealthiest individuals and their families grow, manage and sustain their wealth to ultimately leave a lasting legacy. By consistently keeping our clients informed, focusing on risk-adjusted returns and rapidly adjusting to tactical opportunities and risks, we stand by our clients through market cycles. The Private Bank provides an exceptional breadth and depth of wealth management solutions including investing, wealth structuring, capital advisory, philanthropy and banking. J.P. Morgan’s wealth management solutions are provided through the Private Bank.
Risk is an inherent part of JPMorgan Chase’s business activities and the firm’s overall risk tolerance is established in the context of the firm’s earnings power, capital, and diversified business model. The firm’s risk management framework and governance structure are intended to provide comprehensive controls and ongoing management of the major risks inherent in its business activities. It is also intended to create a culture of risk awareness and personal responsibility throughout the firm. The firm’s ability to properly identify, measure, monitor, and report risk is critical to both its soundness and profitability. JPMorgan Chase believes in a holistic approach to risk analysis by incorporating key risk disciplines including Credit, Market, Principal, Liquidity, Operational, Model, Legal, Fiduciary and Reputation and weighing these against returns.
As an Executive Director in Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) Risk specializing in Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) and Sustainable Investing, you will report to the Global Head of Reputation Risk and will support ESG and Sustainable Investing related initiatives and projects within the Risk Management team to provide independent risk oversight to all AWM sub-lines of business and relevant risk stripes
This role will work closely with colleagues globally as well as interact with the business and other control and oversight functions within the Asset & Wealth Management organization and across the firm.
- Develop and drive ESG strategy, governance and risk oversight frameworks for AWM Risk, collaborating with the Firmwide Climate Risk team, Investment Risk and Credit Risk subject matter experts on the identification, assessment, measurement and monitoring of climate and sustainability risks for AWM Risk.
- Provide credible challenge to the 1 st line across regions.
- Stay apprised of regulatory changes and requirements related to sustainability, climate and ESG and partner with regional teams to ensure related impacts are identified and coordinated with risk stripe subject matter expert and first line of defense to meet regulatory requirements.
- Monitor industry progress around data and propose continuous improvements around the firm’s reliance/due diligence on ESG data from third party vendors, internal methodologies and third party asset managers disclosures.
- Represent Risk in various governance forums and new business initiatives for sustainability related matters
- Drive risk escalations and analysis for senior management, boards, and regulators for ESG-related matters
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in Asset & Wealth Management or Risk Management, including any specialties in Investment Risk, Credit Risk or Sustainability Risk
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with ability to present the appropriate risk management actions to internal groups, clients, senior management, and regulators
- Highly motivated and hands-on individual with work experience related to ESG and sustainable investing
- Strong analytical, detailed oriented skills with ability to understand and explain financial and risk concepts
- Demonstrates strong project management skills
- Drives innovative problem solving and challenges proactively.
- Ability to multi-task at working on multiple initiatives
- Exhibits excellent leadership skills, including an ability to: drive change, foster team curiosity, anticipate future trends, quickly adapt strategic thinking, proactively address concerns, bring diverse experiences together, create efficiencies, collaborate and partner effectively across levels and functions, proactively take initiatives and execute with high standards.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans