Website J.P Morgan Asset Management, Sustainable Investing - Chief Administrative Officer - Managing Director
Bank | Asset Manager
JPMAM is seeking to hire a Chief Administrative Officer for the Global Sustainable Investing team. The Global Sustainable Investing team works across the firm, in partnership with investment teams, client business and support functions, to make JPMAM a leading active asset manager with high quality sustainable investing strategies, focused on offering client choices.This role will be part of a global team supporting the Global Head of Sustainable Investing to oversee operations and business management of the Sustainable Investing team, drive delivery and execution on strategic projects with a specific focus on the implementation of ESG integration and regulatory requirements, while establishing a robust infrastructure platform and maintaining an effective controls environment.The successful candidate will have deep change and project management experience, extensive knowledge about the investment management business and experience across JPM organization, an ability to engage and influence stakeholders effectively, and the drive to deliver results and adapt and re-prioritize in a fast-changing team. Extensive experience or deep knowledge in ESG and sustainable investing is not a prerequisite, however the candidate is expected to show great interest in ESG and sustainable investing, and is looking to build expertise and a career in this area.This role will be based in London and report to the Global Head of Sustainable Investing.
- Support the Global Head of Sustainable Investing to deliver global business strategy across the three pillars of the platform: Research, Investment Stewardship and Client Solutions.
- Manage and maintain the team activities and strategic projects tracker.
- Work closely with the global Sustainable Investing team and wider AM-business, to drive the execution of strategic projects and overall implementation of the Sustainable Investing strategy with a particular focus on infrastructure and technology platform for the delivery of ESG data and analytics to Investment teams and client reporting.
- Drive ongoing communication plan to the business and support groups and deliver regular management reporting and business update.
- Assist the Global Head of Sustainable Investing to deliver management information, annual budget and business performance update for the Sustainable Investing team.
Risk & Control
- Primary focus with respect to business implementation and control is on ESG integration and climate risk.
- Coordinate the ongoing efforts led by Investment teams and control functions on ESG and climate risk integration monitoring, risk and control, and implementation, facilitate periodic updates to the Sustainable Investing Oversight Committee.
- Ensure appropriate processes, procedures, management and governance structures are in place within the Sustainable Investing team, and work with Controls Management, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Audit to assess the quality of and remediation of the Sustainable Investing controls framework.
- Reviewing and acting upon management information relating to the control environment.
- Be a key stakeholder and go-to resource for risk, operational, legal and compliance issue escalation and management including ad hoc issues.
- Develop, implement and oversee operational policies and procedures related to the three pillars of the global Sustainable Investing team.
- Support the Sustainable Investing team in its work to i nterpret, assess impact and implement the global ESG regulatory agenda and policy advocacy alongside relevant stakeholders, taking into account sustainable investing’s commercial objectives.
- Coordinate the formalization and maintenance of sustainable investing policies and frameworks as required by regulations to ensure that they are embedded in the investment teams’ processes and procedures in partnership with relevant Business Managers and support functions.
- In partnership with business groups to build the bridge between current state and future state by refining the front to back JPMAM sustainable investing infrastructure and operating model for efficiency and scale in delivering regulatory requirements, including but not limited to data and technology, automation of manual processes and streamlining of client reporting.
- Contribute to JPMC initiatives in assessing JPMAM’s ESG implementation control and governance framework, relating to operational models, regulations , and ensuring best practice and consistency where appropriate.
- Lead F&BM and daily operation of the global Sustainable Investing platform .
- Drive the establishment of robust technology platform and linkage to other relevant systems for the ESG and climate analytics and tools developed by the Sustainable Investing team.
- Assist the three pillars of the Sustainable Investing team on technology and operational needs to deliver business needs and advance commercial objectives.
- Work closely with the three pillars of the Sustainable Investing team and other business groups to execute on the roadmap relating to client, product and investment deliverables (specifically, but not limited to, Business Managers, Finance, Tech, Operations, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Business Transformation, CS&BP, Regulatory Affairs) where the expertise and input from the Sustainable Investing team is required.
Core Competencies15+ years of experience in financial services / asset management with track record of change management, project management, extensive knowledge about investment management and experience across JPM, great interest in and basic familiarity of ESG and sustainable investing, and significant experience engaging with senior level leadership.Strong Delivery Focus
- Action-orientated problem-solver
- Ability to juggle between priorities
- Excellent at managing expectation, frequent communication on milestones and deadlines
- Strong organizational skill with great attention to detail
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes
Ability To Influence Senior Leaders
- Establishes rapport and trust with team members, business heads and other leaders
- Fortitude to act as a counterweight to senior leaders
- Ability to engage and influence successfully a broad range of individuals across various businesses / key support functions and to articulate the rationale behind the business goals
- Effective in chairing cross-functional/ business meetings and enabling constructive discussion
- Strong strategic analysis and decision-making ability
Outstanding Leadership, Teamwork And Interpersonal Skills
- Extensive people management and leadership ability
- A true team player and respects diversity in and inclusion of opinions
- Proactively understands others’ priorities and objectives and works in a transparent manner
Persistent Commercial Acumen
- Understands and grows the strategic business vision
- In-depth business process skills
- Judgement to assess and manage business risks
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles
- Talks in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner
- Creates logical and conclusive presentations
- Forms executive summaries and briefs concisely
- Actively listens and assimilates broad ranging information
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.