Website Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Global Head of Impact Investments & Partnerships. The role is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
The VP, Global Head of Impact Investments & Partnerships will develop and lead the social impact, social responsibility strategy for Johnson & Johnson. This includes leadership of the Johnson & Johnson Foundation, he Center for Health Worker Innovation, and Johnson & Johnson Impact Ventures (JJIV). We deploy global and local programs and investments to help solve challenges facing front line health workers, and health equity issues more broadly. This role partners with J&J business leaders and stakeholders on global and local initiatives, stakeholder convenings, and use J&J expertise and assets to tackle these global health challenges. He / She represents J&J in external stakeholder gatherings and speaks on behalf of the work that the company and the team lead.
AREAS OF FOCUS
Johnson & Johnson Impact Ventures:
A dedicated impact fund within the J&J Foundation, investing in companies and entrepreneurs innovating to improve health equity for underserved patients around the world. The Global Director is also responsible for external championing of JJIV as a corporate leader in the healthcare impact investing space, as well as supporting the broader ecosystem for early-stage impact entrepreneurs and innovation in healthcare. The Global Director also serves as a JJIV Investment Committee member for governance of all investment activity.
Responsible for creating & maintaining effective systems and protocols delivering world class practices related to the effective planning of charitable systems and networks, whilst adhering to all related regulatory requirements and ensuring that business requirements are met. The position collaborates with leadership to provide business advice in relation to Social Impact Investments and J&Js (Johnson & Johnson) philanthropic and corporate investments whilst ensuring excellence in execution, accountability, governance, and quality. In addition, the position leads the Strategic & Business Planning processes, delivers transparent reporting across all of J&J’s charitable giving and has oversight accountability for the governance of J&Js charitable Foundations.
Responsible for the design and execution of cross-cutting engagement strategies with high-priority global health and multilateral institutions to progress existing partnerships with key Global Health organizations (e.g., WHO (World Health Organization), The Global Fund, PEPFAR/USAID and strategic engagements in major global events and decision-making forums (e.g., WHA, UNGA, WHS (World Health Summit)).
- Leadership of the development of the platforms, programming, initiatives, and commitments for Johnson & Johnson, including setting targets and deliverables, measurement & evaluation.
- People leadership, direct reports, and team.
- Leadership of charitable entities, including board roles, governance, and regulatory responsibilities.
- Leadership role in J&J ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) efforts, including collaboration with Corporate Secretary and Environmental Affairs.
- Partnership with internal business leaders and teams to develop business-led initiatives and work.
- Partnership and collaboration with key internal stakeholders to drive ESG, social responsibility and regulatory efforts, including HCC (Health Care Compliance (HCC) and legal.
- Bachelor’s degree: Master’s degree preferred
- 12+ years of progressive experience within social impact, health equity, corporate philanthropy, and/or non-profit leadership
- 8+ years of leading teams with a focus on development and engagement
- Operate with a global approach, with appreciation, awareness, understanding and compassion for different ideas and styles of working
- Setting and achieving public targets
- Cross functional experiences
- External engagement, including issues management
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills for a broad range of target audiences
- Expertise and experience in the nonprofit sector
- Experience working with global and local public and private leaders on engagement issue
- Ability to travel up to 30%; domestic and international
The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
The base pay range for this position is $188,000 – $345,000 USD
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
- Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
- Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s long-term incentive program.
- Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation – up to 160 hours per calendar year
- Sick time – up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington – up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays – up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time – up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to:
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Posted on Feb 6, 2024.