Website Ivanhoé Cambridge
We invest globally and act locally for a sustainable impact in communities
As a global real estate industry leader, our mission is to generate long-term value for our 6 million depositors in Quebec and to have a positive environmental and social impact on both the people who work for us and the businesses that call our properties home. We develop and invest in real estate assets and projects that help enhance the urban fabric of communities in the midst of renewal, and create lifestyles in tune with the changing needs of the occupants of today and tomorrow. Our vision: to invest in a way that maximizes value and sustainability as we bring human-scale developments to the world.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, a global investment group (cdpq.com)
- C$69 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,200 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- Tuition and professional development fees reimbursed to empower your career advancement
- Time to devote to charitable endeavours so you can leave your personal mark on the communities where we work and invest
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
Pursue an exciting career in an industry in the midst of transformation!
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, stewardship investing plays a pivotal role in our strategic plan. The Sustainable Investment team works closely with internal teams, partners and stakeholders to ensure we are putting programs in place to achieve our ESG goals.
As we continue to prioritize these ambitions and have a positive impact on the broader real estate industry, you will strengthen and advance the Company’s Sustainable Investment practices and skills, particularly as it relates to the collection, management, and analysis of our ESG data. This role will report to the Director, Decarbonization and Climate Change.
The role will focus on supporting the organization’s ESG data needs and associated tasks, which fundamentally includes four key functions:
- Collect: Ownership and oversight of ongoing ESG data collection processes, the role requires frequent and close collaboration with internal IT team to ensure that existing systems continue to evolve and that new systems are developed, where required, all with the primary goal of ensuring reliable and consistent collection of ESG data across the organisation and portfolio.
- Analyze: Work with internal/external tools/programs to validate data quality and to perform data analysis and summaries suitable for the Sustainable Investment and regional teams to use as key elements of the ongoing development of critical Sustainable Investment strategies
- Report: Ensure data is available in required format, with required frequency, to allow for adequate ESG-related reporting throughout the year both internally and externally
- Support: Provide additional assistance to team and other IC stakeholders, as required.
Further breakdown of tasks includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Support IT with integration of data collection/aggregation tool and be the day-to-day link between Sustainable Investment and IT teams
- Prepare and verify ESG data sets for tasks such as IC’s annual activity report, GRESB survey and internal Power BI dashboards
- Extract and prepare data for analysis/reporting and cross-reference various internal data sets for analysis (eg. ESG and financial performance data)
- Research, prepare and analyse ESG benchmark data
- Perform adhoc requests that often involve preparing excel spreadsheet/analysis on ESG data for certain assets or portfolios for internal or external use
- Calculate ESG ratings for assets/portfolios/partners and analyse results
- Obtain ESG data/reports on IC’s fund investments through our GRESB investor member portal and analyse results.
- Support the regional Sustainable Investment managers with ESG investment reviews, including the estimation of critical ESG KPI’s (i.e. carbon emissions, climate risk, social impact, affordability)
- Work with consultants to finalize annual carbon reporting and work with team to develop internal/external reporting on progress towards net-zero goals
- Work with consultant to support annual limited assurance process
The toolbox we are looking for !
- Bachelor’s degree in data management/science or equivalent (Master’s degree would be an asset);
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent capabilities with Excel, Power BI (familiarity with Excel VBA is desirable), knowledge of SQL would be a strong asset;
- Excellent understanding of technology implementations processes. Knowledge of Agile Methodologies would be an asset;
- Ability to provide IC with additional business intelligence through advanced data analytics and forecasting;
- Ability to derive strategic insights from complex data sets;
- Ability to explain complex outcomes in ways that are simple to understand and use;
- Be passionate about ESG and show keen interest in developing ways for ESG data insights to assist in informing our sustainable investment strategy;
- Curious to explore opportunities to leverage ESG data as a value creation lever;
- Ability to come up with creative and innovative solutions aligning sustainable investment goals with IC’s business objectives;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on complex topics where varying levels of ambiguity are frequently present;
- Capable of working in an environment where expectations for delivery of required outcomes is paramount;
- Solid communication skills in French and English, both written and verbal. As the only expert of the team, you will have to be able to collaborate with different national and international teams.
You’re in the right place!
Our people are the heart of our organization. Come be part of our team and enjoy the perks of a flexible schedule, remote work arrangements, and flex days in addition to annual vacation leave — all to help you balance your personal and work obligations, have time to get involved in your community and maintain a healthy lifestyle. You will also be entitled to a comprehensive array of healthcare benefits and take advantage of a myriad of opportunities to grow and learn.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Our Talent Acquisition Specialist is here to listen – Guillaume Roy