ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It also provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
Are you interested in a career in the growing field of sustainable investment? Are you driven by the analysis of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG)? If so, join Institutional Shareholder Services’ (ISS) ESG Data Strategy unit and make a difference. Founded in 1985, ISS empowers investors and companies to build for long-term and sustainable growth by providing high-quality data, analytics, and insight. With nearly 2,000 employees spread across 30 U.S. and international locations, ISS is today the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment solutions, market intelligence and fund services, and events and editorial content for institutional investors and corporations, globally.
Position Overview: ESG Data Analyst
Data Strategy is ISS’ ESG data hub, which collects, catalogues and consolidates environmental and social data on companies across major global indices. We are currently seeking an ESG data expert with strong analytical skills. The ideal candidate will have a grounding in prevailing environmental and social standards, including those formulated by the GRI, SASB and the EU Taxonomy, in order to support the development and troubleshooting of rules and research processes to analyse ESG data. This data will in turn assist investors select companies in line with their policies for responsible investment, inform their proxy voting decisions, and support ESG ratings products.
- Conceptualise and build cohesive ESG data architecture.
- Catalogue a broad range of corporate ESG data (such as diversity policies, health and safety standards, environmental management, etc.).
- Develop systematic rules for collecting and processing ESG raw data.
- Test and troubleshoot data collection rules to either confirm their integrity or propose improvements.
- Participate in and contribute to team processes focused on strengthening ISS’ ESG product offering.
- Conduct regular analysis of data output to identify deviations for further scrutiny.
- Create insightful data visualisations to support understanding and communication of ESG data.
- BA or MA Degree Holder (a degree in a relevant field such as Business Analytics, Environmental Science, ESG, Statistics or Sustainability).
- Proven research and analysis skills, with at least two years of research experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of established ESG frameworks, including GRI, SASB and the EU Taxonomy.
- Excellent command of English; additional languages are an asset.
- Strong interest in business and finance.
- Advanced use of Excel. Experience with Data Mining and Data Analysis technologies and language, including Python, pandas, Jupyter Notebook, Matplotlib, is desirable but not required.
- Experience working with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI.
- Attention to detail, and methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work towards deadlines, manage tasks and prioritise.
- A desire to show initiative.
- A drive for constant improvement of processes.
NOTE: Interested applicants should include a cover letter along with the CV in English (PDF or MS Word).
Featured Benefits Include
- Medical, Dental and Vision – multiple PPO plans to choose from
- 401(k) Plan with a competitive Company Match up to 9% inclusive of Safe Harbor contribution
- FSA and Commuter benefit programs
- Generous Paid Time Off (annualized minimum of 20 days vacation, 11 holidays and separate paid sick leave)
- Flexible Work & Hybrid policies may apply
- Paid Parental Leave
ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Veteran and Disability Acts.