ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It also provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
Advance your career with the leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment solutions. Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) empowers investors and companies to build sustainable financial and social value by providing high quality data, analytics, and insight. Our clients rely on ISS’ expertise and capital stewardship to help them make informed investment decisions, and our people are equally passionate about positively impacting the communities where we live and work. If you want to be a part of an exciting work culture that values innovation, collaboration, and provides you with the support to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you! Join our team at ISS!
ISS ESG’s Energy & Extractives research team is looking for an ESG analyst in Norman, OK. The team conducts energy and extractives industry-focused research in support of ISS ESG’s responsible investment products. The successful candidate will bring unique insights and expertise to a team of analysts focusing their research on companies within the broader energy sector. This role performs data collection and analysis, reviews the work of other analysts, summarizes findings, works on product offering developments, and collaborates with other teams to deliver high-quality data and research to institutional investors globally. The Energy & Extractives screening team currently has members in Stockholm, Sweden, and Manila, the Philippines.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct desktop research for ISS ESG’s energy industry-focused investment products, including research into corporate involvement in specific activities such as coal mining, power generation, carbon reserves, oil sands, etc.
- Produce insightful research reports and participate in peer review process to ensure research quality
- Act as a go-to expert on key ESG topics within the energy industry both internally and externally
- Deliver practical knowledge on companies to investors by presenting research findings to clients
- Contribute to the development of new products and strengthening of existing offerings including methodology development
What We Need from You:
- 2 to 5 years’ relevant work experience relating to ESG/sustainability/responsible investment research/consulting, or similar
- Previous experience related to the energy sector is a plus but not required
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (example: resource management, environmental or climate science, or business with a sustainability focus, or similar)
- A master’s degree in any of these, or similar, areas is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written command of English (additional language capabilities are an asset)
- Advanced command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work towards deadlines, manage tasks and prioritize
- Determined work ethic and independent way of working
ISS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI-MKI #ASSOCIATE #ESG #ANALYST
Featured Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision – multiple PPO plans to choose from
- 401(k) Plan with a competitive Company Match up to 9% inclusive of Safe Harbor contribution
- FSA and Commuter benefit programs
- Generous Paid Time Off (annualized minimum of 20 days vacation, 11 holidays and separate paid sick leave)
- Flexible Work & Hybrid policies may apply
- Paid Parental Leave
ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Veteran and Disability Acts.