ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It also provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
ISS ESG is seeking an experienced ESG research and methodology specialist to join the Global ESG Methodology team’s SDG Impact & Revenue-based Solutions division in Berlin, Brussels, London or Stockholm.
ESG Methodology is a horizontal function across all ESG research and solution verticals, ensuring high quality and consistency of methodologies, innovative solutions and gold standard in research and resulting signals. The focus of the role will be to work with the Global ESG Methodology team in driving business critical methodology and quality management projects for ISS ESG with a focus on SDG Impact & Revenue-based Solutions.
ISS ESG teams are based in the Philippines, the US, Australia, Germany, Sweden, India, and the UK. The successful candidate will work both independently as well as collaboratively with the local team and colleagues across our global offices. Working in a dynamic market and international environment, we put great emphasis on cooperation and offer a welcoming, collegial working atmosphere.
- Develop expertise and take co-ownership of ISS ESG’s methodology for impact and revenue-based solutions including SDG Solutions Assessment, SDG Impact Rating and Screening;
- Work on business-critical methodology projects, related among others to the developments/ enhancements of thematic products (e.g. water, biodiversity, circular economy…) and sustainable investing labels and standards;
- Build a thorough understanding of other ISS ESG solutions such as Regulatory Solutions, ESG Corporate Ratings and Norm-Based Research & closely collaborate with relevant specialists to ensure aligned and consistent approaches and methodology developments;
- Establish deep relationships and partner with research, product and client-facing teams to facilitate methodology developments;
- Provide service/support to relevant teams in answering client inquiries, explaining the methodology behind our solutions and contributing to customized solutions;
- Provide input for methodology documentation (internal and external) and database developments;
- Contribute to Thought Leadership projects;
- Monitor developments in the responsible investment space, review and affirm alignment of our methodology with relevant regulatory and voluntary standards.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, in ESG Research, Sustainability/ESG consulting, Sustainable finance, or similar;
- Sound understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and their reception and application in sustainable finance;
- Sound understanding of corporate financial reporting, relevant financial accounting terms and methods; familiarity with reading, understanding and using revenue data for ESG analysis;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and conceptual thinking aptitude;
- Solutions- and execution-oriented approach;
- Good project management skills, a self-driven work ethic and independent way of working are required;
- Ability to work within a team-oriented cross-functional environment and communicate with multiple stakeholders.
Please apply online by sending a cover letter along with a CV in English.