ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It also provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
ISS ESG is looking for an individual who is excited about the impact of environment, social, and governance (ESG) data on the investor community; specifically, some who would thrive as a subject matter expert on corporate governance data sets.
As a member of the ESG Client Success team, your focus will be on clients who subscribe to ISS’ leading corporate governance data sets (i.e., data sets related to boards of directors, executive compensation, shareholder rights, and audit practices, among others). You will ensure that the client understands the range of products and use cases available to them; help them solve specific business problems within the ISS ESG corporate governance data sets; and ensure they are kept abreast of developments in corporate governance. Internally, you will be a source of market intelligence and client feedback for our business and product teams.
Provide subject matter expertise to proactively advise existing clients and ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Proactively develop and strengthen relationships with ISS Governance Data Solutions clients to help them understand best practice use cases, data methodology, delivery formats, and other key product features for the relevant corporate governance data sets (ranging from board composition to remuneration structures, among others).
- Conduct regular in-person visits and service health checks with client end users and decision makers
- Track the overall health of the client relationship, including the updating of internal client data systems to track key elements of the relationship and service delivery. Create and implement client action plans.
- Oversee new client on-boarding and lead project management of client-related deliveries
- Work cross-functionally with other ISS teams (operations, research, development, product, etc.) to successfully meet client needs
- Provide subject matter expertise to fellow Client Success colleagues on corporate governance data sets
- Perform client training on ISS platforms so as to optimize their user experience
- Contribute to, and collaborate with, internal initiatives to support the growth in the corporate governance data and analytics business
- Stay abreast of key market trends so as to better advise clients and understand emerging use cases for data
- Contribute to regional team’s New Sales goals by identifying potential leads within the existing client base
- Participate in ESG related roadshows, meetings, and calls as needed
- Collaborate with Sales and the RFP team in providing ESG subject matter expertise in the completion of RFPs
- Provide direction to sales team on services that are trending across clients
- Provide sales with relevant product updates and related commercial opportunities
- Share updates on product enhancements and new capabilities with clients
- Discuss new project ideas and potential up-selling opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or requisite experience.
- 3 + years of work experience with either ESG/corporate governance data and/or experience working with investment professionals, particularly portfolio managers and analysts
- Track record of success in client facing roles such as client service and/or sales
- Ability to understand key client needs, with a commercial orientation that helps identify sales opportunities
- Experience in analyzing data and understanding its underlying research methodology
- Experience in working successfully with internal IT, research, product, and operational teams to meet client objectives
- Ability to work independently AND as part of cross functional teams
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new content, and learn new ESG products
- Strong project management/organizational/multi-tasking skills required
- Outstanding writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Willingness to travel (approximately 25% time allocation)
- Strong interest in developing technical ability to independently work with data & analytics
- Research/analytical experience
#ESG #ASSOCIATE #CS
Featured Benefits Include
- Medical, Dental and Vision – multiple PPO plans to choose from
- 401(k) Plan with a competitive Company Match up to 9% inclusive of Safe Harbor contribution
- FSA and Commuter benefit programs
- Generous Paid Time Off (annualized minimum of 20 days vacation, 11 holidays and separate paid sick leave)
- Flexible Work & Hybrid policies may apply
- Paid Parental Leave
ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Veteran and Disability Acts.