As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
Job Description Summary:
Invesco is looking for a Senior Stewardship Analyst to join the Global Stewardship team who will report to the Director of Stewardship. The Stewardship Analyst is responsible for conducting proxy research, providing proxy voting recommendations to investment teams, engaging with portfolio companies on stewardship priorities in partnership with investment teams and participating the review of Invesco’s Global Proxy Voting Policy. The analyst in this role displays a full understanding of the proxy voting and engagement process and may represent Invesco at industry events in order to deliver insights, best practices and process enhancements back to the Global Stewardship team. In this role, the Senior Stewardship Analyst will work closely with internal stakeholders to help deliver on an evolving range of business and client requirements while ensuring best practice is maintained and our clients’ objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of key governance topics, stewardship codes, regulatory developments and a sound understanding of the responsibilities of the Global Stewardship team.
- Prepare company and sector-level research and apply Invesco’s proxy voting guidelines with appropriate judgement, conducting analysis across a broad range of governance, environmental and social topics in order to make vote recommendations to investment teams for consideration.
- Seek to build relationships, credibility and knowledge with investment teams and viewed as providing value-added contributions to the proxy voting process.
- Contribute to the annual review of Invesco’s Global Proxy Voting Policy and good governance positions; assist with presentation preparation and documentation management including data collection and analysis and operationalizing of the policy.
- Prepare for, participate in, and document engagement efforts and outcomes in collaboration with investment teams around AGM topics to be stored and shared with internal stakeholders; prepare relevant case studies.
- Participate in the development of training materials around stewardship topics that increase the team’s knowledge base, and share articles and notes from webcasts and industry events with the team.
- Guide internal business partners through stewardship activities, with a focus on continuous improvement and establishment of business processes.
- May participate in external forums to understand the stewardship industry and working groups.
- Support the Stewardship team with tracking, analyzing and reporting proxy voting and engagement data, including trend analysis.
- Assist client service team in collaboration with internal stakeholders as needed with proxy voting related client requests.
- Contribute content to the annual stewardship reports, board and Global IPAC presentation materials, and participate in ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3+ years professional experience in proxy voting and/or corporate governance.
- Experience working for an investment manager or proxy advisory firm highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of proxy-related regulatory environment preferred.
- Experience with proxy service provider platforms (e.g., ISS or Glass Lewis) preferred.
The Good Stuff
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion smart working.
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company-provided healthcare
- Paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO plan
- Generous retirement provisions
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life insurance
- Working remotely from home or any other work location for 1 or 2 days per week
- Working some flexible hours – flexing your start/finish time to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive (Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.)
Our Commitment to the Community, the Environment, and Responsible Investing
We partner with charitable organizations globally to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. Our people are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about and are offered two days’ volunteering leave annually.
We are committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles and practices that uphold our fiduciary responsibility to our clients, as well as being good stewards of the environment.
Invesco is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. We serve our clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of our commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting our colleagues both personally and professionally. We foster an environment where all our people feel valued and can be themselves. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, we invite you to explore your potential with us.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment with Invesco may request this by sending an e-mail to Invesco Talent Acquisition. Please include your name, the job you are interested in, and the type of accommodation you are requesting.
Invesco has an in-house recruitment team, which focuses on sourcing great candidates directly.
Therefore, Invesco will not accept unsolicited resumes from agency or search firm recruiters.
Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired. When we do use agencies, we have a PSL in place, so please do not contact hiring managers directly.
Full Time / Part Time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.