As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
The ETF & Indexed Strategies Research team, which is organized within the Global ETF & Indexed Strategies business, is seeking a Senior Analyst, Passive Stewardship. Specifically, this individual will be tasked with supporting and advising members within the ETF investment team on proxy voting issues. As a member of the ETF & Indexed Strategies department, you will be part of an organization with over $450 billion in assets under management, known for a highly innovative approach to passive investing.
Lead stewardship initiatives between the investment teams within the ETF & Indexed Strategies business unit and groups such as the Global ESG and Proxy Governance teams. Research key corporate proposals and report findings to key stakeholders. Develop a research process and reporting procedures to support formation of subject matter expertise. The position requires an individual with fundamental research capabilities, in addition to a collaborative and team driven mindset.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead and advise multiple groups within the ETF & Index Strategies eco-system on proxy related matters.
- Work with the Global ESG team to develop an engagement strategy as it applies to the individual companies held within ESG ETFs and other passive investments.
- Engage with colleagues within the ETF & Index Strategies business to communicate the research process developed to ensure investment stewardship goals are being met.
- Conduct research across companies operating in several geographies to form an understanding of key stewardship matters.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to form an understanding of ESG matters and their implication on passive investment strategies.
- Support the broader ETF & Indexed Strategies business unit in special project activities and broad initiatives across the business and firm. Projects may be outside the normal scope of the day-to-day functions which allow for further development of skills and a better understanding of the business environment.
The experience you bring:
- 6+ years industry experience/knowledge in Equity Research or a similar investment capacity
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Bloomberg and FactSet
- Strong interest in individual equity research and analysis
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a focus on continuous improvement, willingness to take risks, embrace and lead change, determination to find creative solutions to problems. Strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Technical skills, including strong investment acumen, understanding of financial markets and economics, proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, particularly) and other software products (e.g., Bloomberg, Morningstar, FactSet).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred or equivalent years of direct experience required.
- Series 7 required within 90 days following the completion of training; Series 63 required within 90 days of obtaining Series 7 licensing; employment contingent upon licensing.
- CFA Charterholder / MBA or progress towards the CFA charter or an MBA is preferred
Full Time / Part Time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the ver y core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.