As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you’re looking for challenging work, hard-working colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
Invesco is looking for a Governance Analyst to join the Global ESG team. Reporting into the Global Proxy Governance and Voting Manager, this position will play an integral role in a variety of initiatives related to corporate governance research and data analysis, operational support, reporting and client requests, collaborating with portfolio management and other key internal stakeholders, engagement with company management, and contributing to policy review. This role can be located in either Atlanta or New York.
You will be responsible for:
Governance research, engagement and data analysis:
- Analyze AGM agendas and related materials to ensure voting is consistent with Invesco’s Global Proxy Voting Policy and Guidelines
- Conduct research on corporate governance topics including compensation, ESG topics and related matters
- Contribute to the review of Invesco’s Global Proxy Voting Policy and good governance positions; assist with presentation preparation and documentation management including data collection and analysis and operationalizing of the policy
- Provide support and governance insights to portfolio management teams and relevant stakeholders in the business on corporate governance and proxy-related issues
- Monitor corporate governance standards, regulatory developments, and best practices
- Prepare for, participate in, and document engagement efforts and outcomes around AGM topics and ESG issues identified through research to be stored and shared with internal stakeholders
- Support the Governance team with tracking, analyzing and reporting proxy voting and engagement data, including trend analysis
Proxy operations and reporting:
- Support global proxy voting processes (monitoring, reporting and process improvements) in collaboration with global proxy services and technology teams in India and proxy voting agent.
- Support client requests (RFPs, DDQs) in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Contribute content to the annual stewardship reports, board and Global IPAC presentation materials, ESG newsletter and participate in ad hoc projects.
The experience you bring:
What’s in it for you?
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience in corporate governance, investment, proxy analysis or related industry experience.
- Passionate about responsible investing / stewardship and having a positive impact
- Knowledge of capital markets, asset management and ESG practices.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must be able to manage critical deadline driven workflow, particularly during the peak time of proxy season.
- Highly motivated, confident and ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team
- Strong organizational/project management skills and superior communication skills and attention to detail.
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.