As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
Job Description Summary:
This position is a senior role required to lead the global ESG research and engagement agenda, produce ESG analysis at company, sector, and thematic level globally and engage at company and collaborative level.
The Director of ESG research and engagement will report to the Global Head of ESG. This role will work closely with investment teams globally to deliver ESG research and to engage in dialogue on ESG issues across asset classes. This position will lead a team of ESG analysts.
Role and Responsibilities
ESG research, frameworks, and tools
- Build industry leading ESG research capabilities
- Co-ordinate and set up tools and systems for high impact research and engagement with focus on outcomes
- Interface with the technology teams and tools and systems
- Evaluate and assess research providers
- Assess suitability of research tools and systems for all asset classes including equities, fixed income, quantitative and real assets
- Ensure effective internal dialogue with investment teams on ESG company and sector research as well as portfolio level view of ESG performance
Leadership and team contribution
- Lead ESG research team
- Representation at industry forums and events
- Contribute to thought leadership pieces periodically
- Contribute to special projects and other team activities
- Data governance
- Provide any other assistance relating to the above or as reasonably required by the role.
- Ensure all activities are in line with Invesco’s Conduct principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in ESG research and engagement within buy side investment management firms.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in ESG data collection and ratings generation, consulting, or direct ESG client facing roles.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Experience managing a team of ESG analysts.
- History of building and supporting ESG research programs and frameworks.
- Experience in engagement with issuers, NGOs, and industry bodies.
- Familiarity with ESG data providers, research methodologies, and industry standards.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- CFA or relevant ESG certification.
- Established network within the ESG investing community.
The Good Stuff
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion smart working.
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company-provided healthcare
- Paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO plan
- Generous retirement provisions
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life insurance
- Working remotely from home or any other work location for 1 or 2 days per week
- Working some flexible hours – flexing your start/finish time to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive (Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.)
Our Commitment to the Community, the Environment, and Responsible Investing
We partner with charitable organizations globally to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. Our people are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about and are offered two days’ volunteering leave annually.
We are committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles and practices that uphold our fiduciary responsibility to our clients, as well as being good stewards of the environment.
Invesco is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. We serve our clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of our commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting our colleagues both personally and professionally. We foster an environment where all our people feel valued and can be themselves. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, we invite you to explore your potential with us.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment with Invesco may request this by sending an e-mail to Invesco Talent Acquisition. Please include your name, the job you are interested in, and the type of accommodation you are requesting.
Invesco has an in-house recruitment team, which focuses on sourcing great candidates directly.
Therefore, Invesco will not accept unsolicited resumes from agency or search firm recruiters.
Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired. When we do use agencies, we have a PSL in place, so please do not contact hiring managers directly.
Work Model (In Office / Hybrid / Remote)
Full Time / Part Time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the ver y core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applica
nts will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.