Website InfraRed Capital Partners
InfraRed is an international investment manager, investing in infrastructure which contribute positively to society and support the transition to a net zero future. Over the past 30 years, InfraRed has established itself as a highly successful developer and custodian of core infrastructure, renewable energy and real estate assets that play a vital role in supporting sustainable communities. It operates worldwide from offices in London, New York, Sydney and Seoul. With around 190 professionals, it manages in excess of US$14bn of equity capital in multiple private and listed funds, primarily for institutional investors across the globe.
At InfraRed, a long-term, sustainability-led mindset is essential to delivering lasting success, and this mindset directs its assessment and management of the Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) aspects of its business. InfraRed has been a signatory of the Principles of Responsible Investment since 2011 and has been awarded 7 consecutive highest UNPRI score for the infrastructure business. It is also a member of the Net Zero Asset Manager’s Initiative, a certified CarbonNeutral company* and is a TCFD supporter. InfraRed is a part of SLC Management, the institutional alternatives and traditional asset management business of Sun Life.
For more information go to
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Sustainability Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will support the Head of Sustainability to develop and implement sustainability initiatives that align with the company’s ambition of Creating Better Futures. Your role will be pivotal in promoting sustainable practices throughout our business operations and investments to ensure that InfraRed fulfils its sustainability commitments.
As the successful candidate you will have strong written and verbal communication skills as a core component of the role involves engaging with portfolio companies and business partners to assess ESG performance of our assets under management and relay this information in an effective way to internal and external stakeholders including investors.
Key Job Responsibilities
Sustainability Strategy Evolution
- Work closely with the Head of Sustainability to shape and grow InfraRed’s sustainability strategy and approach to align with the business vision and sustainability commitments.
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams to ensure sustainability practices are integrated into all business and investment decisions.
- Undertake horizon scanning/competitor analysis to ensure that InfraRed’s strategy continues to evolve to reflect new sustainability standards, regulatory requirements and best practices.
Actionable Insights & Strategy Implementation
- Drive improvement and accuracy in ESG data by actively engaging with portfolio companies and InfraRed’s Asset Management Team. Instead of simply managing data, use InfraRed’s business tools and analysis to unearth actionable insights that informs ESG improvement strategies. Your recommendations will be a critical input to the evolution of InfraRed’s sustainability approach.
- Foster positive relationships with portfolio companies and business partners to support delivery of key sustainability initiatives at the project and portfolio level.
Transparent Reporting & Communications
- Take the lead in developing InfraRed’s annual sustainability report to ensure that progress against our sustainability commitments is effectively communicated to our investors and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of fund sustainability reporting for our listed and private funds to ensure transparent disclosure of ESG performance using relevant qualitative and quantitative information.
- Oversee communication strategies to effectively convey our sustainability efforts to stakeholders, including investors, employees, and the public.
Regulatory Compliance & Accreditations
- Ensure InfraRed’s sustainability activities are in harmony with all relevant regulations. Be the point person for managing third-party ESG assessments such as PRI. Your role is critical in balancing our strategic ambitions with the regulatory landscape, making sustainability not just a check in the box, but a strategic advantage for InfraRed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience in corporate sustainability, ESG, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of sustainable practices, ESG factors, and relevant regulations.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful sustainability strategies within a corporate setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Business, or related field (or equivalent). Advanced degrees or certifications in sustainability-related fields are highly preferred.
- Excellent leadership, project management, and communication skills.
- Proficient in analysing sustainability metrics and creating clear, comprehensive reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Strong inter-personal and stakeholder management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in outputs.
- Ability to work both independently, and within a multi-disciplinary team.
*In accordance with The CarbonNeutral Protocol. Further information is available at the-carbonneutral-protocol
Don’t meet every single requirement listed? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At InfraRed we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this, or another role.