At IMCO, our talent is among the best! IMCO offers a uniquely stimulating and rewarding environment where you can help build and drive organizational transformation, all while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career.
We offer a culture of collaboration and passion, creating unwavering value for the clients we serve. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Ontario’s public sector funds and build a high-performing, value-based Asset Management firm in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you are ready to drive best-in-class service, and join a collaborative, motivated, and fun team of professionals, we’re ready to offer you a great place to work with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
If you want to use your expertise to drive strategic business outcomes, then we want you at IMCO!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, passionate about sustainability to join our Responsible Investing team!
Our Summer Intern Program is designed to support the development of students and recent graduates for future positions by offering one-on-one mentoring, peer and experiential learning, internal training programs, and much more. We are currently accepting applications for undergraduate and master’s level students or recent graduates seeking the opportunity to work in the investment management space.
- Prepare concise and well thought out reports in support of the Responsible Investing team’s activities.
- Support the Responsible Investing team to carry out decisions related to proxy voting and the subsequent collection and analysis of outcomes.
- Create repeatable processes for KPI data collection and insights.
- Research and analyze ESG and climate data, as well as update a database of external manager ESG practices.
- Assess the ESG practices of investment opportunities.
- Support the RI team on projects as needed.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary program/combination of experience that demonstrates a strong background business, finance, accounting, math, science, or engineering; strong understanding and familiarity with ESG and Responsible Investing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – able to work effectively in a team environment
- Diligent, detail oriented, and accurate when preparing deliverables
- Driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage time
- Collaborative mindset and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with strong problem-solving ability
- A willingness to learn new things, a self-starter and able to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Windows
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are required
Application Information & Deadline: Please submit your cover letter and resume by February 10 2023.
What do we offer our Interns?
In addition to paid work experience for a 4 month (May-August 2023) term, we offer a number of developmental opportunities for our hires. This includes:
- Facetime with our executive team, including career guidance
- Skill workshops for personal development
- Industry guest speakers
- Social events with fellow Interns and IMCO employees
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our hybrid work model offers flexibility and provides our employees with the opportunity to lead a well-balanced life. Our Corporation’s offices located at 16 York Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, ON M5J 0E6 provide a welcoming space for employees to gather, work collaboratively, and grow together.
IMCO is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process. Please advise IMCO if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs. Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.