Bank | Asset Manager
Some careers have more impact than others. If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
Sustainability is strategic priority for HSBC Asset Management (AM) and is a dynamic and rapidly evolving topic in the asset management industry. The Sustainability Office (SO) is responsible for initiatives such as Sustainability Business & Product Strategy; Policy; Industry Engagement; Governance and Oversight; and Culture. Sustainability is a key business priority, which is continuously evolving and much of the policies and programmes are transformational in nature. This is a new role to support in delivering ambitious sustainability plans and particularly helping shape our sustainability investment policy agenda, policy implementation and communications, net zero plans oversight and governance, our sustainability social strategy via market research and partnerships and AM sustainability upskilling programme, working with the heads in the SO, the Investment Platform and the broader business. We are looking for a dynamic and proactive individual to support increased momentum in AM’s sustainability-driven agenda.
The Senior Sustainability Manager is responsible for
- Lead competitor & market analysis on investment sustainability policies as well as social (S of ESG) strategies
- Lead policy communications to boards and internal committees and support Head of Policy on client queries
- Support Head of Policy in policy development and renewal, including impact analysis
- Support the Head of Sustainability Delivery on the development of AM’s Social strategy and lead partnerships for this strategy.
- Co-lead the Asset Management Sustainability upskilling programme role out, working with Sales, Investments and Learning & Development (other co-lead) teams.
- Lead project manager for SO on AM net zero plans and, oversight and governance, working alongside the Product project manager and supporting the Heads of Sustainability Delivery.
- Support heads in the SO to elevate delivery on priority external engagements (e.g. One Planet Asset Managers)
- Drive other sustainability projects and tasks and support other Sustainability Office colleagues as required
To be successful in this role, you should have
- Extensive Asset Management experience, strong practical and technical understanding of investment management business and sustainability topics.
- Sustainability experience demonstrated via professional experience, and further education (e.g. CFA ESG certificate, CISL courses, MA studies, etc.).
- Interest in the details of how sustainable investing philosophy gets translated into policy, strategy and commercial opportunity
- Demonstrated competency in thinking strategically and managing projects to deliver on strategy. Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage conflicting priorities.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills. Ability to make a strong contribution in complex business scenarios and to provide a balanced assessments of challenging business issues.
- Key interpersonal skills will include a naturally collaborative, transparent and open approach; pragmatism and the ability to navigate large organizations.
- Strong initiative and personal drive accompanied by excellent presentation skills
- Strong data and analysis skills.
HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We are proud members of the Disability Confident Scheme, and will offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please contact our Recruitment Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 2078328500.
Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has processes in place to avoid nepotism. This means we will avoid circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.