Bank | Asset Manager
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC Asset Management (AM), the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. HSBC Asset Management fulfils its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking to recruit an analytical and self-driven Quantitative Research Analyst. This exciting opportunity will support the Sustainability Investment Solutions Lab (‘SISL’), a new sustainable innovation and quant research unit in Investments. The team will participate in or lead transversal projects, developing product solutions and quantitative analytics, to support the investment teams in developing cutting-edge sustainable solutions ultimately leading to business growth through delivery of proprietary models and thought leadership in the industry.
The role holder will be expected to contribute to the design and enhancements of sustainability quant research models and related tools, conducting rigorous quantitative research with emphasis on quantitative signals or products development, portfolio construction and sustainable investment models and tools that can be consequently implemented in portfolios across asset classes where relevant.
This position requires a strong quantitative knowledge and coding skills with a process mindset, combined with good understanding of asset owners’ climate and sustainable investing objectives as well as some understanding of emerging industry and policy context, client expectations and regulatory guidance related to sustainability.
In this role you will:
- Participate to the development of modelling and analytics tools and lab capabilities to provide quantitative, data driven insights to support management decisions in support of HSBC’s sustainability solutions, across the transversal projects selected for development, bringing data science-based techniques to the activities of Sustainable investment strategies.
- Work closely with data engineers and technology team to build out end to end solutions specifying statistical, optimisation and visualization techniques as well as enhancing the access to the relevant data.
- Help maintain an up-to-date documentation of the research literature, the projects’ key outputs and the research group meetings.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Higher educational achievements obtained in quantitative finance, econometrics, data science or/and Computer Science or equivalent would be highly desirable for this role.
- Completion or working towards CFA or equivalent would be advantageous,
- Strong Programming Skills preferably in R or Python (otherwise experience in MATLAB or C++ will be considered).
- Some quantitative experience, with passion for quantitative techniques, data and technology, and necessary algorithms with emphasis in linear algebra, probability theory, regression analysis and optimization
- Some knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards, (e.g., TCFD, SFDR, sustainable taxonomy, reporting guidelines)
- Excel proficiency and/or knowledge of Factset type tools
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Ability to think independently and creatively approach data analysis and communicate complex ideas clearly
This is a Hybrid working role with the base location as Birmingham. The successful candidate will have to have the ability to commute to this location.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC, you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We are proud members of the Disability Confident Scheme and will offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please contact our Recruitment Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 2078328500.
Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has processes in place to avoid nepotism. This means we will avoid circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.”