Acknowledgement Of Country
Hostplus acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.
At Hostplus, we passionately provide our over 1.6 million members with the best possible service; constantly looking for new ways to deliver better value while helping members get the most out of their super. We are inspired to help our members achieve greater security for their future and ensure they retire with dignity.
Your role at Hostplus will give your career meaning, whether you’re in marketing, financial advice, Operations or any of our other divisions – you’ll be contributing to ensuring our members retire with the best possible outcomes, and what better feeling is there than knowing your role helps someone to retire with dignity and security?
About The Role
As the Head of Responsible Investing, you will lead the engagement on corporate governance with investee companies, managers and advisers as well as ensure the integration of ESG practices, in consideration of climate change risks, into relevant policies and investment decision-making.
Some Of Your Other Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Lead engagement on corporate governance with investee companies, managers and advisers
- Provide advice on the active application of ownership rights, including managing the proxy voting policy
- Provide ongoing reporting on proxy voting matters to the Board
- Ensure the integration of ESG practices, and the consideration of climate change risks, into the relevant policies and into investment decision-making
- Ensure the appropriate level and frequency of ESG disclosures (incl. modern slavery)
- Lead in setting the strategy, the research agenda and the advocacy framework for the Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI), including participation in Member Council meetings
- Ensure adherence with PRI requirements, including completion of annual assessments
- Ensure investment manager adherence to their ESG policies
- Responsibility for the investment structure and the ongoing management of any responsible investment options (including certifications)
- Responsibility for the implementation of provisions relating to investment exclusions (Controversial Weapons)
- Responsibility for the measurement of carbon emissions across all portfolios
- Engage with asset class teams and with the asset consultant (JANA) on the implementation and integration of ESG strategies
- Maintain regular information flow on ESG and climate change
- Prepare and disseminate investment information (as required)
To be successful in this role, you will have hands-on experience regarding the implementation of responsible investment practices as well as previous management of responsible investment-based portfolios.
Some Other Key Skills & Knowledge We’re Looking For
- Very strong technical and analytical skills including:
- knowledge of financial markets and of investments across a broad range of asset classes;
- knowledge of the superannuation environment;
- the ability to apply deep research and analysis to conceptualise and develop solutions
- Very strong interpersonal & communication skills, both orally (e.g. presentations) and in written form, including the ability to negotiate and influence outcomes with a variety of stakeholders
- The ability to work autonomously (but also collaboratively within teams when required) and to design and implement strategies to achieve outcomes
- Curiosity, contrarian & lateral thought, integrity and a desire for ongoing and continual improvement at both the personal and organizational levels
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Post graduate qualifications in a responsible investment-related discipline would be desirable and highly regarded
- Participation in industry groups regarding ESG and responsible investing
Why Work For Us
Our employees are passionate about what we do and are proud to be part of an organisation which helps everyday Australians achieve a brighter future. We value diversity of thought and have an open & flexible workplace. Some industry leading benefits we offer include:
- 15% superannuation.
- Access to subsidised financial advice.
- Salary packaging.
- Hybrid working arrangements, work remotely & in the office.
- Excellent EBA conditions eg: flex leave, paid parental leave, long service leave at 5 years, additional leave over Christmas shutdown.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the prompts to formally apply.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our members, and the communities we operate in.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women, and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We Care: We care about our work, our clients and colleagues.
Better Together: We’ve got each other’s backs, and we never walk alone.
Go For it: We are optimistic, and we focus on solutions, not problems.
Keep it real: We are honest, genuine, straightforward and transparent.
Be Proud: We are proud of who we are and the work we do every single day.