Bank | Asset Manager
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Sustainable Investing (SI)? Do you have experience with SI regulation and in developing and implementing best practice sustainability policies, methodologies, and frameworks? Do you excel in aligning stakeholders and providing governance oversight?
We are looking for a Head of Sustainable Investing Governance to:
- Lead the development and provide oversight of best practice SI related policies, methodologies, sustainable investment criteria and datasets
- Consult with stakeholders to gain consensus on our sustainable investing approach across asset classes
- Lead the coordination of internal stewardship and methodology governance forums
- Collaborate closely with regulatory, product, risk and client reporting functions to support end to end implementation of sustainable investing policies, methodologies, sustainable investment criteria and datasets
- Represent Asset Management on sustainability initiatives at Group level to support alignment across business divisions on matters such as definitions, policies, investment criteria and datasets
- Drive best practice adoption across in Asset Management to facilitate compliance with policies and frameworks
Sustainable Investing is a strategic priority for UBS Asset Management. The Sustainable team is a centre of sustainable expertise comprised of research analysts, stewardship analysts and SI investment specialist roles. The Governance function will work closely with the SI team, Business Management and UBS Group functions as well as with the broader Asset Management investment, regulatory, product, risk and client reporting functions. The SI team is global with resources in APAC, Europe and the US. The Head of the SI team and line manager for this role is located in Switzerland.
- Stakeholder management including consensus building
- Presence, maturity and credibility to deal with sensitive and contentious matters
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sustainable Regulatory expertise
- Cross asset class investment process knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the functions across an asset management firm and services providers in the asset management industry
- Governance forum oversight experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial sector and/ or in sustainable investing
- Collaborative, inclusive, flexible, responsive and self-starting personality. Open-minded thought process and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work in a high-change, fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Quantitative/analytical acumen
- Strong English language skills (both verbal and written) are a must. Additional language skills are a plus
- Degree educated, post-graduate qualification such as Masters/MBA/CFA/ESG certifications are a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.