Website CI Financial
CI Financial is an independent company offering global wealth management and asset management advisory services through a diverse group of financial services firms. Since 1965, we have consistently anticipated and responded to the changing needs of investors. We are driven by a commitment to provide individuals and institutions with the highest-quality investments and advice. Our commitment to the highest levels of performance means that whatever their position, CI employees must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment that will stretch them to tap into their highest potential. Employees that have a healthy dose of ambition, a desire to commit to a curious mindset for continuous learning, and a willingness to go the extra mile, thrive at CI.
At CI, we see a great place to work as one that is a safe place for everyone to have a voice, where people are empowered to take ownership over meaningful work, where there is opportunity to grow through stretching themselves, where they can work on innovative products and projects, and where employees are supported and engaged to do so.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Responsible Investing to join our CIGAM Investment Management team. In this role, the successful candidate is expected to be the point-person and external voice for all matters related to Responsible Investing (RI). The person will also lead the development of RI at CIGAM including:
- Implementation and continuous improvement of CI’s RI Policy and strategy
- Ensuring CI’s adherence and commitments under the Principles of the UNPRI
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry trends and developments for consideration and incorporation into the strategy
What You Will Do
- Develop CIGAM’s RI principles and framework
- Lead the incorporation of the framework into the investment decision-making process in collaboration with other members of the investment team
- Support the investment teams as the subject matter expert on all Responsible Investing and ESG matters
- Portfolio monitoring
- Discussions around companies and/or industries ahead of meetings with management
- Education of the investment teams on RI topics and trends
- Once the framework is well established, participation as a named portfolio manager to funds will be considered
- Key role in the development and launch of responsible investing and ESG funds and products
Sales and Institutional Asset Management
- Presenting to clients at due diligence meetings
- Participating in client pitches
- Provide support to our Sales Team on RI matters
- Education and updates for the Sales Team on RI trends and developments
What You Will Bring
- Experience in the investment industry, ideally in the capacity of Responsible Investing
- Bachelors’ degree, or higher.
- CFA designation.
- Ability to work within a small team of investment professionals.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and determination to succeed.
- A willingness to continue to learn and open to improvements in process and structure.
- Good communication skills and proven ability to speak to clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts in a succinct way.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines consistently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to learn new software (e.g. trading platforms, portfolio management and attribution software).
What You Can Expect From Us
Our dedication to the Employee Experience at CI is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition & Compensation
- Training & Development
- Health & Well-being
- Communication & Feedback
Please submit your resume in confidence by clicking “Apply”. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates (“CI”) are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, require this posting in an additional format, or require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416-364-1145 ext. 4747.