Website Hayfin Capital Management LLP
Responsibility is embedded in our culture, and we have a well-established ESG process. Our ESG Committee ensures implementation of our efforts and sets goals, while we distribute implementation of and accountability for our process across the firm. We are now hiring a part-time maternity cover for Head of ESG to continue our ESG agenda over the next 12 to 18 months. This is an exciting remit to become part of our ESG leadership team and to work with many colleagues, clients, external stakeholders and third parties in our continual quest for best-in-class ESG strategy and processes.
- Join ESG Committee, chair monthly meetings, set the agenda ensuring all key items are brought to the committee for discussion and review minutes taken by ESG analyst
- Liaise with third party consultants to complete annual measurement of Hayfin’s carbon footprint.
- Liaise internally with senior management to develop and implement emissions reduction strategy, particularly alongside London office move in Q1 2024.
- Report periodically to the Audit and Risk Committee and the Executive Committee on ESG progress.
- Attend and chair ESG Deal Committee meetings, evaluate risks present in deals pre-investment, flagging key risks to the investment committee. Evaluate proposed ESG-linked loan products/investment terms. Ensure communication of ESG minutes to Investment Committee.
- Lead ESG Governance Committee, setting agenda and overseeing application of ESG processes firmwide.
- Work closely with portfolio managers in the classification of new funds to SFDR Article 8 (with assistance from our legal advisors).
- Advise and support on ESG-related credit agreement provisions and maintain oversight of accepted sustainability and ESG-linked loan product terms to ensure consistent approach in documentation
- Work closely with portfolio managers to ensure the implementation of existing ESG frameworks within our investment process by the investment teams across the firm. Support investment teams to ensure ESG processes are applied (sponsor scoring completed, ESG deal scoring completed, ESG borrower questionnaire issued, engagement with owned assets).
- Continue engagement with wider community and stakeholders on sustainability (attend PRI Private Debt Advisory Committee representing Hayfin, industry working groups, etc).
- Complete and retain high standards in external reporting commitments including annual PRI and annual UK Stewardship Code reporting, with the assistance of an ESG analyst.
- Complete Hayfin’s inaugural Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) to the highest standards
- Closely oversee and guide ESG analyst and legal advisors in completing Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) Article 8 reporting, reviewing all disclosures and ensuring Article 8 standard is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with FCA’s Sustainable Disclosure Regulation (SDR) coming into effect over 2023/24 (with guidance from Hayfin’s legal advisors).
- Draft and review complex responses to ESG-related client and stakeholder questionnaires e.g. in relation to the specifics of climate risk
- Guide investor relations team in creation of ESG case studies for our investments
- Review and help IR and BD teams in updating our ESG process and marketing documentation on a periodic basis
- Draft our quarterly ESG reporting for inclusion in investor letters
- Oversee third party assurance/audit of Hayfin’s ESG processes
- Provide close guidance and support to newly recruited ESG analyst
Skills & Experience
- Active interest in responsible investing
- Broad knowledge of ESG integration and understanding of key ESG issues and how they are relevant for investors across different asset classes.
- Experience or strong understanding of investment processes and decision-making criteria, preferably through several years of experience in the asset management industry
- Experience or strong understanding of a broad range of financing transactions and the key provisions of debt documents and how these differ across different ESG-linked and sustainability-linked loan products.
- Understanding of key risk factors in relation to ESG integration and ESG-related investment strategies, including greenwashing and sustainability-washing
- Understanding of corporate strategies to address and mitigate corporate impact on climate change.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, confident, self-starter, results-oriented
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills including reporting writing, presentation preparation and delivery.
- Highly organised, with experience of effectively managing multiple work streams spanning multiple stakeholders including dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to bring together a wide range of ideas and conversations within and outside the firm and act effectively as a ‘connecting agent.