Website GRIPS Energy GmbH
Corporate | Asset Manager
GRIPS develops renewable and hybrid energy solutions by financing, implementing and operating sustainable power systems for our customers in emerging countries and areas where energy supplies are unreliable or expensive. Our goal is to reduce CO2 emissions and foster economic growth in parts of the world where we can really make a difference, by making renewable energies affordable and easy to finance.
ABOUT THE JOB
Keen to devote your career to fighting climate change and pushing renewable energies in Africa? Ready to pull up your sleeves and make a difference in developing and realising SDG-focused projects?
We are currently looking for a Legal & ESG Manager (f/m/x), based at our Berlin headquarters, to support our activities on the African continent.
The Legal & ESG Manager will manage legal and contractual aspects of developing and financing renewable energy projects for African businesses (C&I Projects) as well as contribute to the further development and implementation of GRIPS’ ESG and compliance governance framework.
- Develop, review and negotiate various forms of commercial agreements (e.g. Power Purchase, Lease, EPC, O&M)
- Support regulatory reviews for construction and operation of GRIPS’ projects in Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Assist in legal aspects of Corporate Structuring, Project Finance and M&A activities, as well as in the set-up of new entities
- Manage the development of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) and Compliance Policy Framework for GRIPS and its affiliates
- Support ESG and compliance risk screening of potential clients and partners
- Support the company in the legal aspects of investment and joint venture decisions
- Engage and manage external legal advisors
- A minimum of three years’ experience at a law firm or company advising on commercial law, energy law, ESG and/or compliance-related matters
- Successfully completed a university degree (preferably in Law)
- A desire to learn the ins and outs of an exciting business, and to apply existing or develop additional areas of expertise
- Self-starter who will not only complete the tasks assigned, but proactively identify areas of opportunity to advance the company’s legal, ESG and compliance topics
- Preference for careful and conscientious work on documents
- Ability to work independently and to seek increasing responsibility
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and engage with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and collaborative attitude
- Be fluent in English and French (added value)
- Experience in Africa or in an international business environment desirable
- Flexible role in an expanding, highly motivated and qualified team
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for professional growth in an international context
- Multicultural, open business environment
- Flexibility: Flat hierarchies, short lines of communication, flexible working hours
- Purpose: Contribute to achieving the UN SDGs and scale renewable energy supply where it really matters
- Role location: Berlin, Germany
- Hybrid Workplace: Our headquarters in Schöneberg and from home
- Employment type: Full-time or Part-time
- This role could require overseas travel including overnight stays
- Candidate is required to have the legal right to work in Germany without sponsorship/visa implications
Please submit your CV, cover letter, salary expectations and availability.