- University degree in finance or equivalent with quantitative study background
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in the sustainability space and in environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing, green finance or green portfolio management
- Deep understanding of the climate transition from the investor/portfolio manager point of view for example, understanding portfolio risk, cost and innovative models of green financing and maximizing green investment returns
- Prior consulting experience (e.g., from previous positions, internships); basic understanding of complex energy systems is a big plus
- Intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, and other analytic/visualization tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills with comfort working with numbers/quantitative models
- Demonstrated ambition to work in a fast-paced, result-oriented, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment with steep learning curve and strong commitment to coaching and development
- Strong people skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; experience working effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What You’ll Do
You will serve clients on sustainability-related engagements in evaluating and developing energy transition technologies including technology choice, commercial feasibility, project development approach, business case, etc.
In this role, you will work with our banking, financial institutions, insurance, private equity and sovereign wealth fund clients on managing the risk and capturing the upside opportunity from the climate transition. You will work with clients developing green economy projects in considering and evaluating financing options. You will work with our practice leaders to convene relevant players across each of these developing ecosystems including identifying partnerships for the firm. You will engage in recruitment activities to grow the team and participate in client development for both current and new clients. You will also work with client executives directly or by providing deep expertise to our teams, delivering significant transformational impact.
You will have plenty of growth opportunities to specialize in a particular area of the sustainability space that is in line with your interests.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in our Singapore office as part of our Sustainability Insights team.
McKinsey has the goal of helping all industry sectors transform to get to net zero by 2050 and to cut carbon emissions by half by 2030 – with this in mind, we have launched McKinsey Sustainability, our new client-service platform.
McKinsey Sustainability seeks to be the preeminent impact partner and advisor for our clients, from the board room to the engine room, on sustainability, climate, energy transition, and environmental, social and governance (ESG). We are committed to investing behind this goal over the next four years—through our client service, knowledge and capability building, acquisitions and alliances as well as pro-bono investments.
Sustainability Insights (SI) houses our expertise in sustainability, energy transition, renewables, sustainable finance and decarbonization. SI experts work with clients to deliver on their sustainability objectives along with McKinsey traditional teams, and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings. SI is the repository of McKinsey’s cutting edge thinking, knowledge and insights on asset decarbonization, renewables, hydrogen, CCUS, sustainable financing, carbon offsets, electric vehicles and other relevant topics.