Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
- ASSET MANAGEMENT
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world’s leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
- GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The AM Private Credit platform invests globally and across the capital structure, seeking to identify attractive risk-adjusted return opportunities across the credit spectrum. The group manages more than $90 billion across all aspects of Private Credit, including senior, mezzanine, and hybrid capital solutions.
This role will support AM Private Credit’s ESG efforts and serve as a liaison between the AM Private Sustainability & Impact team and the Credit business. This individual will work closely with Credit deal teams to implement the sustainability strategy for AM Private’s Credit business, evaluate potential investments from an ESG perspective, ensure that the Credit business is kept up-to-date on ESG regulations that impact the business, and help with data collection efforts and ESG reporting to investors and regulators. The role will collaborate closely with the Credit deal teams, Sustainability & Impact team, Fund & Information Management, Fund Managers, Legal, and Compliance.
Investment Process & Fund Support
- Lead the design of the ESG framework and prepare future Credit funds for ESG commitments, including a focus on strategy, target commitments, ESG governance, and reporting
- Support Credit leadership on developing an ESG plan/roadmap and coordinate across deal teams and sponsors and across the division to deliver on the plan
- Work with the Credit deal teams on additional tools, including margin ratchets associated with sustainability-linked KPIs
- Develop and manage the ESG governance efforts for the funds to ensure integration of best practices, proper protocols are developed and followed through on, and efforts are evidenced and tracked appropriately. Ensure AM Private’s Credit funds deliver on their ESG commitments such as SFDR and TCFD
- Deliver on ESG Due Diligence Questionnaires and scorecards and ESG reporting needs such as TCFD, SFDR and UNPRI. Collaborate with ACMS, Fund Management and AM Private Sustainability & Impact to deliver on Fund reports and overall divisional reports and ESG performance dashboards
- Help Credit deal teams complete ESG due diligence questionnaires that form part of Investment Committee memos
- Work with the AM Private Sustainability & Impact team and Sustainable Finance Group to identify and track investments that are in scope for the firm’s $750bn target for sustainable investing, advising, and financing activity
- Ensure the Credit business aligns with the division’s Net Zero efforts and if appropriate, develops the roadmap required to track, integrate and report for investments
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional experience in the finance sector, preferably in a credit-oriented business
- Demonstrated ability to build and integrate ESG tools and frameworks into the investing process with proven results
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity