Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is the primary investing area of Goldman Sachs. We provide investment and advisory services for some of the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals. Working across asset classes in public and private markets, we oversee more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision globally. We build long-term relationships with clients who rely on us to help them navigate markets, manage risk and find innovative ways to meet their investment goals. We look for individuals who value our commitment to excellence, a passion for investing and a desire to build enduring relationships.
Sustainable Investing Group – Inclusive Growth Fund
The Sustainable Investing Group (“SIG”), a Goldman Sachs platform for direct impact investing in private markets, seeks to play a critical role in investing in climate and inclusive growth-related opportunities. The Sustainable Investing Group brings decades of experience, a strong investment track record, and a proprietary Corporate Network leaders from global corporations, all supported by the broader resources of Goldman Sachs. SIG’s latest strategy, the Inclusive Growth Fund (the “Fund”) is a global growth equity / private equity strategy that seeks to invest in education, workforce development. healthcare, financial services, and communities with the goal to improve the access, affordability and outcomes for the underserved population while delivering rates of return consistent with those of traditional private equity.
You will play an instrumental role on the Investment team, working as part of deal teams in order to source, evaluate, diligence and structure investments. You will be given significant responsibility across the full deal lifecycle, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
- Spearheading all aspects of due diligence and analysis of the Fund’s investments
- Leading detailed financial modeling to support investment decision making
- Developing investment theses for new market and opportunities
- Developing impact theses for opportunities, including specific metrics to track throughout the hold period
- Drafting investment memoranda and presenting to the Investment Committee
- Supporting deal execution and monitoring portfolio of operating assets
- Supporting fundraise efforts for the Fund
- Bachelor’s Degree required; 2-3 years of experience desired
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Passion for impact investing, particularly in the target sectors (existing knowledge and experience is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $150000-$225000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .