Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
- ASSET MANAGEMENT
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world’s leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
- GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Sustainable Investing Group- Environment & Climate Solutions
The Sustainable Investing Group (“SIG”), a Goldman Sachs platform for direct impact investing in private markets, seeks to play a critical role in investing in climate transition and inclusive growth-related opportunities. The Sustainable Investing Group brings decades of experience, a strong investment track record, and a proprietary Corporate Network leaders from global corporations, all supported by the broader resources of Goldman Sachs.
You will play an instrumental role on the Investment team, working as part of deal teams in order to source, evaluate and structure investments. You will be given significant responsibility across the full deal lifecycle, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Spearheading all aspects of due diligence and analysis of the investments
- Leading detailed financial modeling to support investment decision making
- Developing investment theses for new market and opportunities
- Developing impact theses for opportunities, including specific metrics to track throughout the hold period
- Drafting investment memoranda and presenting to the Investment Committee
- Supporting deal execution and monitoring portfolio of operating assets
- Supporting fundraise efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Passion for impact investing, particularly in the target sectors: climate transition: clean energy, sustainable transport, sustainable food & agriculture, waste & materials, ecosystem services; inclusive growth: accessible & innovative healthcare, financial inclusion, accessible & affordable education, communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $150000-$225000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .