Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
A career within Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world’s leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance.
SUSTAINABLE INVESTING GROUP
The Sustainable Investing Group is the impact investing platform within Goldman Sachs Asset Management. The team manages dedicated strategies that focus specifically on climate solutions, renewable power, opportunity zones, and investing in diverse and women-owned managers and companies, with the goal of generating positive and measurable impact for our communities, alongside financial returns. We pursue a strategy focused on long-term capital appreciation by committing to high-quality companies with strong management teams and actively supporting their development, with the ultimate goal of creating value and harvesting investments within a three to five-year period.
Associates in Sustainable Investing Group business are part of a talented global team of investment professionals responsible for the acquisition and management of investments. You will be involved in a wide range of high profile transactions, which might include management buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and build ups with an integral role in the deal process and value creation strategy. The ideal candidate is a mid-level Associate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, ideally within impact and sustainable investing background.
Primary Job Responsibilities Will Include
- Review and analyze potential investment opportunities mainly across EMEA, learning to develop and promote investment theses
- Understanding and building up complex financial modeling for company valuation purposes
- Undertaking significant due diligence responsibilities
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments, with a key contribution to prepare discussion material on proposed investments for Investment Committees
- Participating in the monitoring of new and existing portfolio investments, creating trustful and solid relationships with management teams and partners at portfolio companies
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification and have an excellent academic and professional record
- Minimum 3 years’ experience spanning Investment Banking and/or an investing role in Private Equity or Impact Investing
- Strong financial analysis/modelling experience and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses and self-direct, analyse and promote independent investment judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people, work effectively under pression and keen to take on responsibility
- Open, flexible, positive and proactive attitude. Detail orientation and high motivation to effectively contribute to the team’ success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. European language skills are a plus
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity