Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world’s leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
At Goldman Sachs, our Product Managers and Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our product and engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Goldman Sachs Product Managers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. The primarily responsibility of this role is to design, develop, implement and own the significant expansion of AMD Private’s ESG information architecture ( ESG Data Platform) , spanning from (a) data collection from portfolio companies, borrowers, and projects (b) integration into and across existing GS data systems, and (c) ultimately flowing into reporting for various internal and external stakeholders, including through interactive data visualization tools.
As a product manager within Alternatives Engineering, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of Goldman Sachs’ Asset Management business. You will work with investment teams, client teams, engineering, and operations to design and launch new products which differentiate the Goldman Sachs asset management business. You will speak with stakeholders to learn how we can help solve their problems and collaborate with engineering to deliver scalable, robust solutions. You will become a pivotal part of running and scaling the business, including taking commercial decisions and developing the overall client experience.
- Act as a innovator and problem-solver who will build sustainability-related solutions in private investing, risk management, as well as be a creative collaborator who evolves, adapts to change and thrives in a fast-paced global environment
- Pursue product managers who enjoy taking a client-driven and agile approach
- Embrace the opportunity to shape new products and processes while operating in a dynamic, flexible work environment
- Ability to combine client-centric skills, such as presentation and communication, along with technical ability, like querying APIs and translating client requirements into engineering work
- Prepare end product / users of ESG data including reporting for clients, regulators, AMD and Firmwide leadership, and industry frameworks (Net Zero Asset Managers Alliance, etc.).
- Work closely with deal teams, ESG Regulatory team, Fund & Information Management, Fund Managers, and AMD management teams
- Key responsibilities will include: strategy development, project management, building and leveraging an ESG data platform for client and regulatory reporting, business intelligence/analysis, and systems management to anticipate needed changes as environmental and social KPIs evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in product management, delivering change, and/or developing software products
- 3 or more years of experience in product management
- Strong attention to detail, organizational ability, and communication skills
- Expertise in technical product management, driving the product vision, design, product execution and go-to-market strategy
- Hands-on experience with verbal and written communication: clear, concise, and organized
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Knowledge and experience of software or data products
- End-user financial products and/or APIs
- Understanding of the Alternatives and Asset Management industry, products, clients, regulations, and competitors
- Experience with Agile, JIRA, documentation and project management tools
- Knowledge or interest in financial technology in the front-office of a trading organization
- Preferred: familiarity with key ESG Standards including GRI, TCFD, UNPRI, SFDR, SASB, etc.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity