Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
We are seeking a VP-level candidate who is both experienced in, and passionate about, sustainable finance and risk management to join the Global Risk Management team within Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
This individual will play a pivotal role in developing and driving the sustainable finance risk management oversight framework, while benefitting from the access which comes from being part of the Asset Management business.
We are looking for an individual who has a strong background and interest in sustainable finance, a demonstrable knowledge of the applicable and emerging global regulations, experience with governance and risk management programs, a background in both driving and participating in transformational projects, and who can leverage his/her strong quantitative and problem solving capabilities to make an impactful contribution in working alongside, and proving effective challenge to, the various sustainable finance stakeholders.
The Global Risk Management team is uniquely positioned within the firm as part of Goldman Sachs Asset Management. Our global fund complex and separately managed account portfolios cover a wide range of assets classes, global markets and strategies. The team is responsible for independent oversight and risk governance covering all elements of risks including market risk, liquidity risk, counterparty risk, operational risk, as well as risk governance and oversight of dedicated regulated legal entities via designated CRO roles.
The team regularly interacts with a wide range of teams across Goldman Sachs Asset Management including portfolio managers, embedded risk managers, and various control function groups that cover Goldman Sachs Asset Management, including the legal, compliance, risk and controllers in order to effectively monitor risk and continually improve upon our risk governance framework. The team is also responsible for risk monitoring and certain regulatory reporting requirements for the global fund complex.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
As a VP within the Global Risk Management team focused on sustainable finance risk management, you will be responsible for:
- Being a sustainable finance subject matter expert within the team, and having oversight from an independent risk perspective for the implementation of sustainable investing within the business;
- Keeping abreast of relevant regulatory and market developments (SFDR, EU Taxonomy, best practices on monitoring of sustainability risks, etc.);
- Developing and driving the sustainable finance risk management oversight framework that is conscious of regulatory requirements and independent risk management needs;
- Partnering with the other members of the Global Risk Management team to embed this into traditional risk coverage areas and functions;
- Taking the lead on sustainable finance projects and implementations on behalf of the Global Risk Management team;
- Enhancing the sustainable finance knowledge of the Global Risk Management team;
- Engaging with portfolio managers and traders, covering a broad range of asset classes, global markets and strategies on sustainable finance topics including risk governance alerts and breaches, performance drivers, and most notably, changes in sustainability risk profiles and strategies;
- Participating in senior sustainable finance governance and oversight forums, in additions to providing updates around the efficacy of the risk management oversight framework to various divisional and legal entity risk oversight forums, senior management, and pooled vehicle boards.
- Engaging with clients to provide information around Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s risk management culture and sustainable finance risk management oversight framework.
Skills & Experience We’re Looking For
- 5-10 years of experience in risk management or similar role in the financial industry, with a focus on Sustainable Finance and ESG, and the ability to evidence the development of strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience in either establishing or overseeing governance and risk management programs, preferably with exposure across a range of asset classes, and keen engagement with financial markets;
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and proven track record of execution and delivery, both as an individual and as part of a team, which can be demonstrated;
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with internal clients of varying seniority;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to and influence a range of senior stakeholders, including exposure to governance for a;
- Inquisitive mindset: seeking a deep understanding of complex requirements and implementations, being able to assess associated risks and ability to apply judgement and make pragmatic recommendations;
- Strong technology capability, including ability to quickly learn and leverage a range of systems, ability to design and implement certain solutions on a proof-of-concept basis, and strength in data governance/management preferable, but not essential.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity