Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
Sustainable Investing (“SI”), a Goldman Sachs platform for direct impact investing in private markets, seeks to play a critical role in investing in climate transition and inclusive growth-related opportunities. SI brings decades of experience, a strong investment track record, and a proprietary Corporate Network leaders from global corporations, all supported by the broader resources of Goldman Sachs. The Horizon Environmental & Climate Solutions fund is the first fund within SI and is a growth-oriented private equity strategy that seeks to invest in key sectors focused on the environment and climate transition.
You will play an instrumental role on the Investment team, working as part of deal teams in order to source, evaluate and structure investments. You will be given significant responsibility across the full deal lifecycle, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business. Responsibilities include:
- Spearheading all aspects of due diligence and analysis of the investments
- Leading detailed financial modeling to support investment decision making
- Developing investment theses for new market and opportunities
- Developing impact theses for opportunities, including specific metrics to track throughout the hold period
- Drafting investment memoranda and presenting to the Investment Committee
- Supporting deal execution and monitoring portfolio of operating assets
- Eligible candidates include 1st and 2nd year Investment Banking Analysts as well as investment analysts from private equity or venture capital firms
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Passion for impact investing, particularly in the target sectors: climate transition: clean energy, sustainable transport, sustainable food & agriculture, waste & materials, ecosystem services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $150000-$225000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .