Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, we provide clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the firm’s primary investment area, we provide investment and advisory services for some of the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals, for which we oversee more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. We are:
- Investors, spanning traditional and alternative markets offering products and services
- Advisors, understanding our clients’ priorities and poised to help provide investment advice and strategies that make sense for their portfolios
- Thought Leaders, providing timely insights across macro and secular themes to help inform our clients’ investment decisions
- Innovators, using our suite of digital solutions to help our clients address complex challenges and meet their financial goals
The Asset Manager position is responsible for managing the overall financial, operational, and commercial performance of wind, solar, and other energy projects in Goldman Sachs Sustainable Investing Group within Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) as well as support them in delivering all required compliance items with a focus on optimization.
- Create and maintain project finance models for internal and external parties to evaluate renewable energy projects during various stages of development, construction, and operation on an individual and portfolio basis.
- Synthesize and model different terms of construction loan, tax equity bridge loan, and sponsor equity with back-leverage loan in time and yield-based partnership flip structures.
- Assist with all projects contractual documents and deliverables.
- Review project documentation and third-party reports, including PPAs, financing term sheets and agreements, IE reports, among others and accurately integrate assumptions into financial models
- Assist in the preparation of monthly operating reports, P/L reporting, performance reviews, and annual budgets for company-owned and third-party assets.
- Collaborate among organizational cross-functional teams (both internal and external) as conditions necessitate finding resolutions for any operational, financial, commercial, or technical issues.
- Assist with managing project cash flow to meet the requirements of the operating budget and reviewing financial statements to meet contractual compliance needs and EBITDA targets.
- Monitoring and analyzing projects’ financial performance by tracking target KPIs, expense and revenue variances, flagging any anomalies, and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Perform ad hoc research and other duties as assigned related to maintaining and improving renewable energy assets
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related renewable energy field, with direct expertise in a financial, energy-related environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or engineering
- Deep familiarity with project finance structures, including tax equity partnership flips, construction financing, and back-leverage.
- Knowledge of tax equity concepts, including partnership tax issues, capital account balances, basis, deficit restoration obligation, suspended losses, reallocation, etc.
- Knowledge of power trading, hedging and financial structures of energy projects is a plus.
- Prior experience in resolving commercial disputes is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite with advanced excel skills.
- Strong communication skills with proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic environment.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $150000-$300000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .