Website GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation)
GIC is one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world’s industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore’s financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide.
We identify and drive enterprise-wide initiatives to develop new capabilities for the business, and encourage innovation in the firm’s business model and processes.
The Sustainability Office provides thought leadership in GIC on Sustainability and is responsible for (i) undertaking sustainability-related investment research, (ii) developing investment strategy solutions for sustainability issues that have significant implications on the total GIC portfolio and (iii) working with GIC’s investment teams to integrate sustainability-related considerations in the investment processes. By collaborating with internal investment teams and external experts, the Sustainability Office develops a suite of industry-leading sustainability integration tools to identify, measure and manage sustainability-related investment risks and opportunities in GIC’s total investment portfolio.
What impact can you make in this role?
You will conduct GIC’s long-term strategic planning, integrating investment and organisation strategies, and coordinating their execution to achieve desired outcomes.
What will you do as a Sustainable Investing Research Analyst?
- Conduct investment-focused research on Sustainability issues affecting GIC’s investments on social and environmental issues
- Develop relevant indicators, collect data and undertake empirical research to establish the financial impact of these issues on investment returns
- Draw long-term investment implications for GIC in terms of strategic asset allocation, tactical overlays, and asset class investment strategies
- Support team on ad hoc research, duties and/or management and client reporting
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- University degree of above; preferred background in Economics, Financial Analysis, Financial Engineering, Statistical Analysis, Sustainability/ESG analysis
- 4-5 years of professional experience in the financial industry and/or sustainability-related roles
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to conduct rigorous and robust sustainability-related investment research
- Strong presentation, writing and communications skills with an ability to translate complex technical concepts into succinct investment insights for stakeholders
- Experience in a policymaking role related to social and environmental issues is a bonus
Work at the Point of Impact
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams – be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact.
GIC is a Great Place to Work
At GIC, we believe sustainable high performance is driven by high expectations and a commitment to excellence, as well as empowerment and flexibility. As such, we currently operate under a hybrid model in which most employees spend 3-4 days in office and 1-2 days working from home each week. This balance allows us to preserve the ‘office as a hub’ for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection, while giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work and be their best selves.
GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email email@example.com at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Learn more about our Enterprise Strategy Department here: https://gic.careers/group/enterprise-strategy/
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.