GIC is one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world’s industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore’s financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide.
We identify and drive enterprise-wide initiatives to develop new capabilities for the business, and encourage innovation in the firm’s business model and processes.
The Sustainability Office provides thought leadership in GIC on Sustainability and is responsible for (i) undertaking sustainability-related investment research, (ii) developing investment strategy solutions for sustainability issues that have significant implications on the total GIC portfolio and (iii) working with GIC’s investment teams to integrate sustainability-related considerations in the investment processes. By collaborating with internal investment teams and external experts, the Sustainability Office develops a suite of industry-leading sustainability integration tools to identify, measure and manage sustainability-related investment risks and opportunities in GIC’s total investment portfolio.
What impact can you make in this role?
You will conduct GIC’s long-term strategic planning, integrating investment and organisation strategies, and coordinating their execution to achieve desired outcomes.
What will you do as a Sustainable Investing Strategy Analyst?
- Conduct research and analysis to drive sustainability alpha solutions at the right scale through top-down and bottom-up approaches
- Support the development of frameworks and methodologies for sustainable investment strategy design and implementation
- Collaborate with investment teams to tailor sustainable investment strategies for different asset classes and markets with the objective to improve returns and uncover value creation opportunities
- Assess company transition plans and sector transition pathways for transition investment and engagement
- Evaluate sustainable investment strategies in the industry and at peer institutions through desktop research and primary interviews
- Design and develop internal databases to measure, track and categorise sustainability related investments and trends
- Support team on ad hoc research, duties and projects
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- University degree of above; preferred background in Finance, Economics, Sustainability/Climate or related fields
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the financial industry and/or sustainability-related roles
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to conduct rigorous and robust sustainability-related investment research
- Strong presentation, writing and communications skills with an ability to translate complex technical concepts into succinct investment insights for stakeholders
Work at the Point of Impact
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams – be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact.
Flexibility at GIC
At GIC, our offices are vibrant hubs for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection. At the same time, we believe that flexibility allows us to do our best work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise.
GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email email@example.com at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Learn more about our Enterprise Strategy Department here: https://gic.careers/group/enterprise-strategy/
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.