GIC is one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 offices around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world’s industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore’s financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide.
We identify and drive enterprise-wide initiatives to develop new capabilities for the business, and encourage innovation in the firm’s business model and processes.
The Sustainability Office is responsible for undertaking research into long-term sustainability trends that have significant implications on the total GIC portfolio. The research is used to inform factor and asset class exposures, active strategy capital allocation and methodology, GIC’s organizational capability building and sustainability policy.
What impact can you make in this role?
You will conduct GIC’s long-term strategic planning, integrating investment and organization strategies, and coordinating their execution to achieve desired outcomes.
What will you do in this role?
The Sustainability Office is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join us on a 1-year contract to support the implementation of GIC’s sustainability policies and priorities across the organization
- Conduct reviews of industry and internal sustainability strategy, governance, risk and metrics, and performance measurement and monitoring, and evaluate emerging industry standards that may affect GIC
- Drive deeper integration of sustainability into all aspects of the investment process, including identifying new data sources and developing analytics to support investment idea generation and the monitoring of sustainability risks and opportunities
- Conduct top-down screening of companies for material sustainability risks, and support internal stakeholders in integrating these sustainability considerations in investment due diligence
- Collaborate across departments to co-develop and implement policy and process changes
- Support the Sustainability Office on ad hoc research, internal meetings and workshops, and management/client reporting
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- University degree preferably in, or related to, Business Administration, Finance, Financial Engineering, Sustainable Investing, Climate Science
- 2-4 years of professional experience in the financial industry, consulting, and/or sustainability-related roles
- Strong capabilities in research, synthesis and analysis – Able to process large amounts of information, including qualitative and unstructured data, and generate insights that are relevant to stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills – Able to translate technical concepts into clear and compelling messages, in presentations and in writing
- Adept at stakeholder management – Experienced in leading engagements with both internal and external stakeholders and driving impact through those interactions
Work at the Point of Impact
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams – be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact.
Flexibility at GIC
At GIC, our offices are vibrant hubs for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection. At the same time, we believe that flexibility allows us to do our best work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise.
GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Learn more about our Enterprise Strategy Department here:
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.