Website Franklin Templeton
Fiduciary Trust International is a wealth management firm founded in 1931 by families for families, with a singular focus on growing and protecting our clients’ wealth through generations. We work closely with individuals, families and foundations to build and manage personalized investment portfolios, and to develop estate plans that extend wealth to future generations. And, we are part of Franklin Templeton, a global investment leader. That means we can combine a personalized experience with access to sophisticated research and investment solutions.
Fiduciary Trust International (FTI) has been an active investor and participant in the evolving sustainable investing field for many years and we’re looking to expand our team!
We are hiring a Sustainable Investments Research Analyst to join the team in Lincoln, MA or New York, NY. Our team provides full-service investment advisory, portfolio construction, and manager due diligence to private clients, institutions, and endowments. We provide access to investment strategies and techniques used by the largest and most sophisticated institutional investors. We work across the spectrum of asset class, public and private, with our clients. And for clients with a desire to align their investment portfolios with their personal values and/or institutional missions, we work with them to design an investment strategy and find the right investments across the sustainable investing landscape, ESG, SRI and impact, to meet those objectives.
The Analyst will source, assess, and monitor sustainable investing strategies in public equities, fixed income, and at times, the hedge fund asset classes. While the focus is identifying actively managed, ESG integrated strategies, the Analyst will also seek to enhance our menu of thematic investment options, passive ESG strategies, and impact investment opportunities in public markets.
As a senior member of the sustainable investing team, the Analyst serves as the main point of contact for FTI’s Portfolio Managers on sustainable strategies in public markets and will participate in both business development presentations and client meetings. Finally, the Analyst has responsibility for implementing FTI’s shareholder engagement strategy, in keeping with the firm’s commitment to the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative.
We are looking for someone with a passion for sustainable investing, deep knowledge of ESG analysis in the public market context, familiarity with shareholder engagement, and professional investment experience or relevant credentials, such as a CFA charter. Strong critical thinking, communications, and organizational skills are a must for this position. The role is well-suited to candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can propose creative solutions to often unforeseen challenges.
- Lead due diligence on prospective sustainable investments in the listed equities and fixed income asset classes. Coverage may, at times, extend to ESG-integrated hedge fund strategies focused on public markets.
- Prepare and disseminate quarterly investment and ESG updates on the sustainable mutual funds, ETFs, and other fixed income or listed equity strategies approved for use in client portfolios.
- Advise Fiduciary Trust portfolio managers and clients on the use of the firm’s approved sustainable investing strategies in client portfolios, with an emphasis on public market strategies.
- Enhance Fiduciary Trust’s approach to ESG manager due diligence and reporting in public markets, including advancing the development of our ESG assessment tools and practices.
- Manage Fiduciary Trust’s shareholder engagement efforts, coordinating as needed with outside consultants to identify engagement candidates, educate interested clients, participate in engagement campaigns, and report results.
- Contribute to Fiduciary’s thought leadership publications, marketing events, and represent the firm at both industry conferences and in meetings with prospective clients.
- Assist on client inquiries of all types; collaborate with and support other research team members, client portfolio managers, and other members of the FTI team as needed
- Participate in daily market update meeting and news analysis
- Contribute to Investment Committee meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CFA a plus
- 5+ years’ professional experience in an investment, ESG, or related role
- Deep knowledge of ESG and impact investing in public markets, including familiarity with leading investment managers, industry frameworks, and ESG best practices
- Passion for sustainable investing, commitment to advancing the field, and willingness to assist in all areas of a growing business as needed
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to take the initiative to identify and tackle challenges as they arise
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical mindset
- Demonstrated experience leading projects or initiatives with minimal guidance
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfort with public speaking
- Computer skills (Excel, FactSet, Bloomberg)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship; unable to consider visa applicants
Compensation Range: Along with base compensation, other compensation is offered such as a discretionary bonus, 401k plan, health insurance, and other perks. There are several factors taken into consideration in making compensation decisions including but not limited to location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. At Franklin Templeton, we apply a total reward philosophy where all aspects of compensation and benefits are taken into consideration in determining compensation. We expect the salary for this position to range between $100K – $133K USD.
Learn more about FTI: Explore our career’s site and the link below to learn about our firm, The Story of Fiduciary Trust International.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights Of Our Benefits Include
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 85% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
- Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at Franklin Templeton Careers to learn more about our company, career opportunities and recruitment process.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.