Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the role?
The role will focus on supporting and growing our Fixed Income ESG, Climate, and Sustainable index offering. You’ll be joining an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division, and be working on an essential area of growth and innovation for our business.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Providing input and supporting the development of new climate, ESG, sustainable, and related benchmark offerings, including researching, constructing, and commercializing new index families
- Supporting clients globally to help them successfully build new ESG funds and products using our indices
- Collaborating with research teams, the Bloomberg Sustainable Finance Solutions group, Bloomberg NEF and other partners on identifying and meeting new market opportunities
- Communicating both internally and externally to broaden awareness of Bloomberg ESG index initiatives
- Identifying opportunities to drive integration of our fixed income ESG indices with Bloomberg terminal analytics and reporting tools to create new opportunities
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have deep knowledge of fixed income, across both analytics and asset classes, index construction, the index industry and the asset management industry. You will most probably have acquired this knowledge whilst working at an index provider or asset manager.
You’ll also have a strong understanding of the market for ESG and Sustainable Investing. This includes an understanding of market trends, evolving regulations and developments, and-ideally-experience with the day-to-day workflow of ESG portfolio managers/analysts.
You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable working with large data sets and will have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then delivering it. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support our index business across portfolio management, risk and attribution and product development teams
- Play a key role in the governance and evolution of the fixed income family
- Develop new ETF and customized benchmarks
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of index industry, or equivalent, experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications (e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics)
- Deep knowledge of fixed income data (e.g, asset classes, analytics and classifications), fixed income markets and the fixed income index industry
- Deep understanding of day-to-day governance determinations on index events
- Hands-on product experience from an index background
- Proven track record in fixed income benchmark development
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
Highly numerate, with excellent analytical capabilities working on bond and index analytics
- Ideally analytic programming experience (e.g., R, Python)
- Understanding of investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Excellent industry relationships across the asset management community
- Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we’re a good match! We’ll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org