Website Fiera Capital
At Fiera Capital
We invest in creating a culture of purpose that makes our people feel valued, cared for, seen, and heard. Our approach to employee experience is tailored to your needs and ambitions:
- Your Inclusive Experience: We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, safe, and trusting work environment.
- Your Growth & Empowerment: We have ambitious growth goals for our firm, which makes us a great place to advance your career.
- Your Rewards & Recognition: We deeply value our people and their contributions and that’s reflected in our competitive compensation and benefits packages and our collaborative culture.
- Your Wellness Your Way: We strive to create a healthy work environment and we offer programs designed to support our employees’ wellbeing.
What we are looking for:
As an Analyst within the Risk Team, you will work in close collaboration with and learn from a highly qualified, multi-disciplinary team of financial markets and investment systems specialists.
Within Fiera Capital, the Risk Team is responsible for:
- Oversight of the Investment Analytics platform from a Risk perspective – not limited to but including market volatility risks, liquidity risks, characteristics (styles & biases), and scenario analyses
- Working in close collaboration with the Sustainable Investments Team as it relates to ESG risk management and related data projects
- Creating innovative solutions while liaising closely with several internal stakeholders
- Providing quantitative and modelling expertise to investment teams and/or CIO Office.
- Participate actively in the design, implementation, and maintenance of internal analytical solutions
- Actively participate in the implementation and maintenance of the risk measurement platform
- Develop ways to systematically and efficiently produce value added enhanced analytics
- Review and validate supported daily key quality control reports using various tools and applications
- Monitor indicators to detect major changes in strategy’s risk profile
- Present market risk dashboards to executives at Fiera’s Investment Risk Management Committee
- Articulate the highlights of analysis to the various stakeholders including investment teams and CIO office
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships and strengthen inter-departmental collaborations;
- Document risk measurement procedures and methodologies and inform others of the methods used by the team
- Continuously evaluate, identify and recommend best practices and controls that will increase process efficiency
- Foster an open and inclusive team culture and environment.
You will need to understand how capital markets work, have a good understanding of different financial products such as bonds and equities and have a basic understanding of derivative instruments. If you are passionate about risk management, analytics, ESG, and the science of data, the Risk Team represents the right opportunity for you.
Must have requirements to be successful:
- Master’s degree in finance, financial engineering, or a related field
- Professional designation in finance (PRM, FRM, CFA or CAIA) obtained or in progress, an advantage
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of quantitative measurements for market risk
- Knowledge of factor models an advantage
- Demonstrated and proven passion for financial markets
- Programming skills (SQL, VBA, C#, Python) an advantage
- Autonomous, resourceful and team player
- Critical and structured thinking
- Fiera Capital adheres to a hybrid working environment with 3 days in-office per week
- If you are interested in a career at Fiera Capital and you meet 70% or more of the requirements, do not hesitate to submit your application!
For positions available in Quebec that require fluency in French and English, please note that bilingualism is required due to our global offices and clients.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff is our most valuable asset, and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state, or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance, and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us.
Please note that job title indicated in job postings may differ from internal job titles. Accordingly, offers of employment may not reflect job titles indicated in job postings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.