Website Fidelity Investments
Job DescriptionThe Purpose of This RoleWe are seeking candidates for the role of ESG Research who are passionate about both financial markets and sustainability investing and has experience analyzing/rating stocks based on ESG issues. Candidate should bring in subject matter expertise on governance, environmental and social issues, along with an understanding of how to rate ESG issues and their impact on investment thesis/process. We have preference to candidates who has ESG research experience and expertise in global emerging markets and Asia pacific region.The value you deliverESG Research will perform in depth research on portfolio companies, engage companies, and publish research and findings. S/he provides general ESG research support to the Equity and Fixed Income investment teams. Responsibilities include gathering important industry data, publishing insights on thematic issues and trends, and consulting with portfolio managers and analysts to evaluate how these issues may impact investment theses.The ideal candidate will have demonstrated commitment and passion for the field of sustainable investing as well as an academic/ or work experience in markets or related research field. Additionally, the candidate should possess excellent communication, presentation and writing skills and be able to clearly articulate research findings. This role requires someone who is hard working, hungry to learn and achievement- and results-oriented.Responsibilities
- Conduct ESG research and engage with companies by working closely with fundamental analysts to ensure ESG factors are integrated into investment process
- Publish ESG research rating notes on companies and work on publishing industry research, macro research & thematic research on various areas such as climate change investing, water, child labour etc.
- Researching and providing ESG-focused insights to investment teams on proxy voting and issuer engagement practices
- Work collaboratively with research analysts and portfolio managers, to support the implementation of the firm’s commitment to ESG integration in investment processes across asset classes
The Skills That Are Key To This Role
- Strong knowledge of global standards related to ESG, social responsibility and impact investing and financial materiality
- Strong understanding of financial markets and the investment process
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills with ability to effectively articulate her/his research analysis
- Experience/skill in quantitative analysis and research
- An aptitude for technology with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other social media/collaboration tools
- Independent thinker with ability to work with limited information and influence stakeholders
- The ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects
- The ability to work with external information sources (analysts, companies, consultants)
- Experience with Bloomberg and FactSet strongly preferred
- Experience in sourcing, manipulating and presenting data
ValuesThe following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which our company operates:
How Your Work Impacts The OrganizationEquity Research team provides equity research, EMD research, ESG research and forensic accounting research support to portfolio managers and analysts in Boston, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo, covering all major international stock markets and sectors.Given the importance of ESG engagement to the firm, the successful candidate will have exposure to the firm’s portfolio managers/leadership and have an opportunity to influence the firm’s approach to active ownershipThe expertise we’re looking for
- Post-graduate in Management with specialization in Finance or sustainable investing from top-tier B-school. Additional qualification of CFA is desirable.
- Relevant experience in investment analysis or research, preferably in the fields of sustainability and/or ESG investing (with asset owner, asset manager, sell-side or rating provider)
Location: Bangalore – EGLShift timings: 11:00 am – 8:00pmCertificationsCompany OverviewAt Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity India has been the Global Inhouse Center of Fidelity Investments since 2003 with offices in Bangalore and Chennai. For information about working at Fidelity, visit India.Fidelity.com.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.