Website Fidelity Investments
This ESG Analyst will join an existing ESG research team within Fidelity Asset Management with a focus on Fixed Income Sustainable Investing. In this role, you will support the fundamental analysts across asset classes as they publish their proprietary forward looking ESG ratings within your assigned industry sectors. This will include providing ESG research insights and guidance, engaging with companies and issuers on material ESG issues, and performing thematic research across a variety of sustainability themes. You will proactively respond to ESG research needs across Asset Management from both the traditional and sustainable portfolio managers. In addition, you will work closely with your Fixed Income colleagues as we continue to innovate and enhance our ESG process in the Fixed Income space.
We are seeking candidates who have experience in Fixed Income investing and a proven commitment and passion for the field of sustainable investing, either through asset management or consulting. Our ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver who is comfortable working with ambiguity and imperfect information, a collaborative teammate, and can be flexible as business needs evolve. Additionally, we are seeking someone who possesses excellent communication, presentation and writing skills and the ability to clearly articulate their research findings.
This position will be based in Merrimack, NH with the expectation of spending time in Boston on a regular basis.
Education And Experience
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in investment analysis preferred, sustainability consulting also considered
- Knowledge of Fixed Income is a significant plus
- Experience with data analysis using Bloomberg, FactSet, and ESG data vendors (MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, etc.)
- Exposure to global ESG frameworks and their application to investment processes (SASB, PRI, TCFD, etc.)
Skills And Knowledge
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Quantitative mindset with experience in sourcing, manipulating and presenting data from traditional and nontraditional sources
- Ability to work independently and handle unstructured tasks
- A collaborative mentality
- The ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present effectively to a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated thought leadership and thematic research, tied to investment themes (climate, diversity, water, human capital, etc.)
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which our company operates:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.