Website Fidelity Canada
Who We Are
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services – and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best – both personally and professionally.
The Sustainable Investment Associate is responsible for supporting and promoting Fidelity Canada’s ESG investment products and initiatives. Reporting to Director, Product Innovation, the Sustainable Investment Associate will support ESG investing initiatives including the development and management of new and existing ESG products, collaborating with sustainable investing/ESG-related investment organizations, and maintaining current knowledge of regulatory changes that may impact ESG reporting and disclosure, in order to drive Fidelity’s sustainable investing marketing and sales efforts.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build, maintain and communicate at an expert level of knowledge on assigned sustainable investment products
- Ensure that assigned products deliver on their stated investment objective and strategies
- Maintain accurate product positioning on the dimensions of portfolio manager style, process, product attributes, characteristics, and ESG ratings and metrics
- Conduct competitive research and product reviews to analyze industry ESG trends and identify key factors that will drive sales success
- Demonstrate a high level of product, market, and competitive investment category expertise
- Bring new products and solution to market by collaborating with external resources and internal partners throughout Fidelity
Sales and Marketing Support
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and other internal partners in the development of all promotional materials for new and existing sustainable investing products and solutions
- Ensure that Fidelity’s sustainable investing products and solutions are supported with strong baseline collateral that clearly and accurately reflects the investment merits of each offering
- Assist RFP teams in response to ESG-related queries received from external sources and institutional clients
ESG-related organization and regulatory monitoring
- Collaborate with external ESG organizations to promote alignment with organizational goals and initiative
- Develop an understanding of ESG reporting frameworks and regulatory changes that would be relevant to Fidelity’s policies and procedures and engage with internal stakeholders on these topics
What We Are Looking For
- Completion of a University degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years of prior experience in an analyst or analyst-equivalent position within product (investment) management and/or product research & development
- Interest and/or experience in sustainable investing/ESG investment products is nice to have
- Understanding of PRI reporting requirements and general awareness of sustainable investing/ESG-related organization is an asset
The Expertise You Bring
- Strong understanding of sustainable/ESG investing philosophy and principles
- Strong knowledge of investment products and services
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to a changing work environment
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following
- Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2022
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 – Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work